The Senior Technical Accounting and Policy Analyst performs research and analysis on complex technical accounting and reporting issues, assists with the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting rules, and updates the Company’s global finance instruction manual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for researching US GAAP/SEC rules and regulations to resolve and document the accounting and reporting for complex technical issues.
- Assists with the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting rules, including working with various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Prepares the quarterly accounting standards update document for the Controller’s Audit Committee presentation and the related disclosure sections of the 10-Q/K.
- Updates the Company’s global finance instruction manual, which includes accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with respect to technical accounting issues.
- Maintains compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding technical accounting and policy, including preparation of documentation to support accounting and reporting positions.
- Assists the SEC reporting team as necessary.
- Analyzes and summarizes technical accounting positions and related financial data for presentation to key stakeholders, including executive management.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 years of public/industry accounting experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid financial analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience