The Staff Accountant has general accounting duties including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. They assist with monthly closings and account analysis, as well, support senior staff accountants, supervisor and/or manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- General ledger operations including performing account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent experience
- 1 year accounting experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Working knowledge of financial reporting.
- Solid technical accounting skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with solid experience in Excel.
- Big 4 Experience
- Exposure to accounting software