Let's change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of techies, to collaborate and master with. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The Program is a meaningful 18-month, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into an Engineer Consultant on CDW’s services team where you will accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing
Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals as well as pursue certifications that are incorporated into the program.
ACEs focusing in Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise will work with our lead engineers:
- Designing and deploying Contact Center Enterprise technologies, such as Cisco Customer Voice Portal (CVP), Cisco IP/IVR, and Cisco Intelligent Contact Manager (ICM)
- Designing and deploying Omni-Channel solutions from CDW partners, such as eGain, Exony, Acqueon, and Calabrio
- Interfacing with technical and business staff of customers following project implementation, including the project sponsor and stakeholders towards more complex future engagements
- Creatively design, plan, and implement LANs and WANs using routers, switches and network security devices.
- Take your collaboration to the next level by partnering with technical and business staff of customers following project implementation, leading towards more complex future engagements
- Pre-Sales – listen and observe sales activities, understand the customer needs, asks appropriate questions. Provide in-depth technical expertise on specific platforms and applications supporting solution architecture.
- Planning – participate in kick off meetings. Communicate customer information and requirements with the project team. Review Statement of Work (SOW), validating scope and tactical project requirements.
- Design – read design documents and contribute to the development of customer solutions. Participate in joint technology design sessions, providing technical analysis on implementation sequencing.
- Implementation – perform assigned engagement activities as directed. Install, configure and test hardware and applications based on design specification, client environment and solution topology. Consider platform interoperability, equipment/OS upgrades and updates to meet agreed upon hardware standards and manufacturer/CDW standard methodologies.
- Operations – Participate in remediation for post incident reviews. Recognize opportunity for resolution and own what is needed to drive resolution, identify and recommend support process improvements. Contribute to Wiki forums and provide feedback/questions to stimulate discussion, intellectual capital and continuous process improvement.
CDW is the predominant Cisco solutions provider. By joining our team, be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects to help enable your success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our partners.
Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
Valid U.S. driver’s license
BA/BS including concentration in; Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or one of the following:
Associate degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology focused concentration plus 1 year of relevant practical experience or;
3+ years relevant practical experience in switch, routers, firewalls, or wireless, or;
1 year relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications to be in active standing)
Ability to travel up to 50% (can vary by location)
Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
At least 1 semester or equivalent experience configuring or supporting some or all: switch, routers, firewalls, wireless
Experience in planning, deployment and operational support of advanced technologies and applications
1-3 years network administration experience