This job posting is no longer active
The Information Technology internship positions have been created to leverage the talents of expected college graduates especially those with an interest in an information technology career post-graduation. This intern position will contribute to the completion of core IT activities and projects across the Information Technology department. The intent is also to insure the Interns have a valuable experience and consider CDW for full-time employment post-graduation.
Key Areas of Contribution
The IT Internship position(s) provide an outstanding opportunity for college students interested in a career in the technology field to gain valuable experience through a summer internship. The internship will provide hands on experience in real business activities with the expectation that the successful intern contribute to the completion of core activities and projects across the IT department.
- Assist with the implementation of new software asset management tool including finding and entering missing information, scanning and uploading PDFs, tracking and correcting errors.
- Assist with capturing and maintaining hardware inventory assets. Assisting with finding and entering missing information, gathering additional, assisting with inventory counts, tracking and correcting errors, contacting coworkers and managers to determine hardware usage.
- Authoring and publishing technical documentation. Complete process documentation and management for all new asset tracking, reformatting and transferring of existing documentation including Asset Manual to an interactive PDF and condensing information classification inventory into online repository.
- Draft communications and presentations to inform or promote policies and training.
- Update documentation repository with Development and QA processes with detailed system flow, architecture, context diagrams and user guides.
- Develop business critical applications, resolve defects and application issues, collaborate within and across IT teams.
- Work with other team members to assist with support issues, small developmental tasks and modernizing current legacy applications.
- Knowledge of programming languages C# (preferred), C, C++, Java
- Knowledge of databases and strong SQL programming
- Experience with developing Desktop, Mobile or Web applications
- Assist with Modernizing DB2 database, helping optimize SQL statements, and documenting DBA process.
- Desire to work with databases. Experience with converting SSD to SSL Tables a plus.
- IT second level support by assisting with support tickets.
- IT third level support for enterprise software
- Respond quickly to identify and resolve issues involving business applications.
- Analyze IT risks and policies in order to identify and document control process to address risks and requirements
- Assist with SOX IT audit information, evidence gathering, tracking and follow up
- Assist with internal and external audit preparedness activities, including “pre-audits” and assessments
- Conduct internal and external research (industry best practices, standards, etc.) to share point s of view.
- Learn how to document and gather compliance and security requirements
- Assist with the Information Security initiatives including: documentation, assisting with project management tasks, and any entry level scripting or programming tasks.
- Support development across various product teams.
- Any experience with scripting languages is a plus
- Work on initiatives to deliver CDW’s IT project portfolio
- Exposure to Agile and waterfall project management frameworks
- Help standardize our deployment servers including: creating standard folder structures, removing old infrastructure source files, documenting build policies, and help group our servers in farm sets to facilitate deployments.
- Basic understanding of scripting
- Strong application troubleshooting skills
Collaboration Tools Analysis:
- Assist with various tasks related to the Office 365 rollout including: developing coworker guides for Office 365 tools, assisting with Box.com to OneDrive migration, and encouraging use of the user community of Office 365 for specific questions.
- Administrative support for O365 licensing and assisting documentation for SharePoint Online governance.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time college / university program.
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to develop and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
- Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Effective ability to multi-task in order to handle multiple duties at the same time throughout the day.
- Organizational skills critical.
Job Category: Summer Intern
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%