Are you looking to gain experience in project coordination for a Fortune 200 Information Technology company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want curious and innovative minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest, most creative, hardest working people in their fields.
As a Networking, Security, and Digital Workspace Solutions Intern, you will hold responsibility for supporting the team by providing high-quality service across all aspects of IT supply chain and logistics on behalf of the practice they support. We will give you the opportunity to work directly with our key project coordinators to collaborate on projects that directly affect the business. We are looking for dedicated, hard-working individuals.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
We provide an excellent opportunity for college students passionate about a career in the technology field to gain valuable experience through a summer internship. The internship will provide you hands on experience in real business activities with the expectation of successfully completing core activities and projects across the department.
- Manage projects involving implementation of new Partner technologies and solutions
- Lead the delivery of CDW projects using the proven CDW engagement methodology
- Manage overall project performance, including timelines, costs, resources, and risks
- Manage customer expectations for projects; prepare weekly/monthly status reports
- Utilize project management software including MS Project/Project Server
- Work closely with CDW teams to identify and understand the variables and requirements for the defined project
- Identify project risks and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for resolution and mitigation; perform contingency planning
- Incorporate process improvement and change management strategies in planning
- Prepare QA specifications to guide and measure the success of the project deliverables
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate college / university program as of June 2018.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Self-motivated and driven to get results and make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Shown resourcefulness with creative analytical skills
- Track record of stabilizing multiple priorities at a time while adapting to the changing needs of the business
- Shown customer service skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality of all partners involved.
- Team oriented; develops good relationships with coworkers and other partners involved.
- Time management; showcases ability to meet deadlines.
- Microsoft Office; proficient in applications and delivery of information.