Federal Subcontracts Manager will be responsible for managing one or multiple Subcontract Agreements to ensure compliance, minimize risk. The Subcontracts Manager will work closely with one to many Program Managers supporting Government Prime Contracts and will be required to give input to the Program Manager(s) and Senior Manager. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Federal Programs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages the operational aspects of subcontract and vendor relationships, and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and Contract Management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports, and ensures correct and timely invoicing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable actions.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives for all subcontracting issues.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with customer, program manager, and subcontractor leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract.
- Developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program
- Participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements
- Monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
- Reports to the Senior Manager and provides regular formal and informal reporting
- Interacts frequently with internal personnel and outside corporate representatives at various levels
- Participates and presents at meetings Company and customer leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Systems, or closely-related fields with 6 years’ work experience related to Federal subcontracts management
- 10 years’ work experience related to Federal subcontracts management
- Significant experience in Federal contracts, specifically in subcontracts and vendor management
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Minimal travel anticipated
- Previous experience developing and administering Small Business Subcontracting Plans,
- Previous experience in developing and defending Subcontracts Reporting required by FAR (including Small Business Subcontracts Reporting)
- Experience developing policies and procedures to support contracts and subcontracts subject to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experience creating implementing and managing Mentor Protégé relationships
- Previous experience contracting/subcontracting with telecommunications providers
Ability to obtain a Federal Security clearance – Moderate Background Investigation,