The Sales Tax Associate assists in the compliance and audit functions of the Sales Tax Department. This individual will work with other team members and multiple accounting and invoicing programs to gather, analyze and present information needed for tax compliance and audit backup.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Renew and apply for business licenses.
- File property tax returns.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with sales tax audits.
- Support the sales tax audit process by running reports in multiple accounting and invoicing programs including: IBM AS400, PeopleSoft and Vertex and presenting results to management; conduct research on tax issues as they arise on audit and discuss research findings with management; request information and review responses from other CDW departments, vendors and customers and discuss responses with management.
- Process tax payments with multiple taxing jurisdictions to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Prepare sales, use and property tax returns for manager review.
- Obtain thorough knowledge of internal sales tax, property tax and business license processes.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations for assigned accruals and submit reconciliations to management for review.
- Support multiple department projects, as needed.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, or
- Associate’s Degree + 2 years of related experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organization skills with critical attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with solid Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Previous sales tax experience
- Knowledge of AS400, PeopleSoft and Vertex software
- CCH or TTR tax research experience