Federal Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing one or multiple Complex Contracts/Orders (Contracts) to ensure compliance, minimize risk. The Contracts Manager will work closely with one to many Program Managers and Government Sales supporting Government Prime Contracts and will be required to give input to the Program Manager(s) and Senior Manager, and Sales Leadership. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Federal Programs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages the operational aspects of Prime Contracts and Orders, vendor relationships, and serves as liaison between Program Management, Government Sales and Vendor(s).
- Reviews status of projects and funding, manages schedules and prepares status reports, and ensures correct and timely invoicing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable actions.
- Assesses contract/order issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives for all Contract issues.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with customer, program manager, and Vendor leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract.
- Work closely with CDW Legal and various departments (ex CDW S3 organization) to identify and communicate associated risks and mitigate and or improve current processes.
- Developing processes to meet contractual requirements for contracts
- Monitoring and reporting performance against contracts
- Reports to the Senior Manager and provides regular formal and informal reporting
- Interacts frequently with internal personnel and outside corporate representatives at various levels
- Participates and presents at Company, customer leadership and vendor meetings
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Systems, or closely-related fields with 6 years’ work experience related to Government Contracts management
- 10 years’ work experience related to Government Contracts management
- Significant experience in Government contracts
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Minimal travel anticipated
- Previous experience developing and administering Microsoft (Software Agreements) inception to closeout,
- Experience developing policies and procedures to support contracts subject to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Previous experience contracting/subcontracting with Software providers