The Supplier Diversity Analyst ensures the integrity, consistency and scalability of CDW’s Supplier Diversity reporting and provides insightful analysis to support management’s decision making. This role designs and develops reporting, analyzes business processes and systems, and aligns projects with the executive strategy to drive operational and financial performance among coworkers, suppliers and partners.
The Business Analyst, Supplier Diversity will assist in the organizational wide initiative to further establish a minority supply base to support internal customers and drive minority supplier development initiatives in conjunction with cost savings and profitable revenue growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and manage centralized Supplier Diversity reporting to support various functions including Tier 2 Customer Reporting on demand, internal CDW Tier 1 and Tier 2Diverse Spend, Coordinate and guide stakeholders through a process of creating reports and data models that successfully address business issues. Provide ongoing support for these reports.
- Produce sound analysis in support of decision makers to drive tactical and strategic objectives.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements in reporting, data sources, business processes and analysis. Identify improvement opportunities and strategies to evolve the current capabilities.
- Design actionable reporting tools that support effective financial management of cost control, revenue generation and profitability.
- Tracks utilization of diverse suppliers and drive impactful changes that align to business objectives to increase opportunities for diverse suppliers
- Manages all diverse supplier reporting and database management
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Assist with alignment of project objectives and solutions to organizational business strategies and objectives.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Act as an active contributor to process improvement by remaining current in software engineering best practices.
- Design and develop production reports for regular consumption by internal and external stakeholders. Provide ongoing support for these reports.
- Validate, research and audit (external) data sources and internally-developed collections to minimize data integrity risk.
- Provides tactical analyses and troubleshooting of the business unit’s existing reports and data sources.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of relevant Sales Analytics or Analytic Marketing experience or 4 years Project Management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated work experience in process definition including facilitation, process documentation, change control, and process improvement.
- Successful track record of facilitating and leading meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Experience in evaluating information, identifying risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proven elicitation and facilitation skills of project and system requirements.
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
- Professional certification (e.g. ISM CPM, APICS CSCP)
- Working knowledge of supply chain management strategies/practices (e.g. CPFR, SRM, Lean)
- Working knowledge of SQL, MDX and/or other database query language(s)
- Working knowledge of AS400 or similar ERP