The Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading and controlling program activities while delivering a superior customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Planning the Program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in alignment with the organization’s strategy and priorities
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Support development of department goals and plans, while tracking program success and/or suggesting corrective action based on data
- Organizing the Program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities.
- Leading the Program
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other managers and partners to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Controlling the Program
- Write reports on the program for management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
Responsibilities by Sub-Function
- Digital Content Strategy
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to create, edit and manage digital content to deliver engaging online experiences
- Partners with PD, Integrated Planning and external agency partners to ensure that CDW.com landing pages and online experiences are closely aligned to campaign strategy and traffic drivers
- Leverages .NET, CMS and third-party automation platforms to execute ad unit and webpage refreshes on time and without errors
- Conducts regular QA of projects via multiple desktop browsers and mobile device types to ensure that ads display and function as expected
- Edits existing content and creates new, original content that aligns to both the brand voice of CDW and that of our vendor partners; content contributions can include landing pages, email and social media copy, banner advertising, and site messaging
- Collaborates with Analytics and Insights teams to understand user content needs by customer buying persona and past buying behavior, segment, and place within the overall purchase journey
- Collaborate with Demand Generation team to identify content gaps and leverage internal and external resources to create original content to meet user and search optimization needs
- Works within cross-functional Agile team to create project plan, manage delivery expectations and ensure timely product launch
- Ensures online experiences meets user, business and customer expectations and KPI objectives
- Works closely with Analytics team to monitor performance and test content; proactively recommends and executes strategies for post-launch optimization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of Sales and/or Marketing experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology product offerings and solutions
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with sales productivity tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research
- Experience in developing or utilizing strategic sales campaigns
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships
- Ability to multitask and be adaptable in a fast changing environment.
Digital Content Strategy
- 2 years working in a content management system
- 3 years writing and editing content for an online audience (B2B preferred)
- 4 years web production experience
- Ability to craft compelling, original content and synthesize existing content to meet project and business needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices
Digital Content Strategy
Merchandising background preferred
Familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Marketing Cloud
Prior experience working closely with UI/UX to conceive and deliver online content
Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
Experience in writing and editing content for an online audience (B2B preferred)
Ability to craft compelling, original content and synthesize existing content to meet project and business needs.
Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices