This role will provide the voice of the educator into the CDW-G organization and ensure that our K12 sales team understands and effectively communicates the benefits, challenges, and impact of technology in the classroom. The Business Development Strategist develops and executes upon strategic plans to expand and enhance business opportunities within assigned business segment. This individual generates new business through various business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting existing and potential customers. The Business Development Strategist mentors junior members of the team and serves as escalation point.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide an educator’s expertise to customers and internal teams to ensure effective implementation of CDW•G solutions and maximization of long-term Return on Education.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
- Trains and educate team members on new and existing offerings, tools and education knowledge.
- Manage workload allocation, priorities and distribution of duties.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events
- Establishing, growing and maintaining school partnerships and other alliances to support the organization’s goals.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, as needed.
- Lead professional development sessions and workshops with educators and facilitate conversations about how best to integrate CDW•G solutions into a wide variety of school models.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Participates in annual planning sessions.
- Develops sales approach and strategies to enable account managers and inside sales reps to sell services.
- Evaluates processes and make improvements to create efficiencies.
- Ensures work schedules provide sales support during normal business hours
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Master’s degree in education, instructional/curriculum design, education technology, or closely related field and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of K-12 classroom teaching or district level experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Deep understanding of education policy environment including knowledge of the instructional implications of implementing the Common Core or State Standards
- Understanding of leading technology adoption models (SAMR, TPCK etc) and good practice.
- Advanced knowledge of effective instructional strategies and practices, including methods of differentiating instruction and fostering student engagement
- Credibility with the education landscape as demonstrated through professional networks and understanding of the sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate and orchestrate cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and planning skills and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
- Travel 50%