The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- General ledger operations including perform account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Ensure financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Independently resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Guide non-financial functional areas through accounting rationale and impact on reporting and control.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Develop and support processes to ensure general ledger records are accessible and appropriate for tax department needs.
- Financial audit preparation and cooperation with the audit process.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on improving business results and processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting, or another major with CPA.
- External candidates:
- 3 years previous accounting or financial audit experience.
- Internal candidates:
- 2 years CDW accounting or finance experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Solid technical accounting skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial Management)