The Field Solution Architect Manager is responsible for the daily operations and execution of the assigned geographic area specific to their line of business. This is an individual who manages a team of Field Solution Architects that are responsible for supporting the sale of complex hardware and services related solutions. The incumbent must plan go-to-market strategies, support the sales teams, and work with our strategic partners in their assigned geography. They must perform as a driver of inter-departmental collaboration and a resource in developing coworker capabilities. Strong leadership, a passion for technical and business solutions, and the desire to build and grow the business are keys to success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage pipeline and forecasts across the sales districts.
- Communicate pipeline to key partner teams.
- Meet or exceed product and services revenue targets.
- Foster collaboration with other Practices.
- Mentor, coach and develop coworkers on the team.
- Serve as a resource for any issues escalated by Solution Architects and Sales.
- Assist with setting the design, deployment, documentation, and support standards for sales and professional services teams. Develop solutions jointly with the Solutions Architects.
- Drive quality and consistency in sales methodology and deliverables across the coworkers on the team and the Practice as a whole.
- Assess the skill level of each coworker under their direction and create development plans to bridge any gaps.
- Provide exceptional pre-sales support for your regions, through your team.
- Develop and track business plans for your team. Participate in quarterly business reviews. Ensure business plans are complete and accurate. Help communicate to management any risks to business or target achievement on a monthly basis.
- Develop, provide and track Account Manager/Executive education and training.
- Work with marketing to plan and execute marketing events/campaigns.
- Drive a profitable mix of business, focusing on the preferred solution mix, as identified by the Senior Management team.
- Develop and Enhances national and local partner relationships
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partner representatives to ensure CDW is top of mind. Expand these relationships to CDW account managers, regional managers, architects and engineers.
- Drive CDW Wins, references and case studies in your market through our partners.
- Performs joint customer visits monthly with each Field Solution Architect
- Collaborates with partners distribution partners to leverage programs and improve processes
- Designs and modifies (as needed) Field Solution Architect’ compensation target goals
- Manages partner solutions pipeline through SPS and ChangePoint
- Participates in appropriate partner Advisory Boards
- Grows partner solutions across CDW’s customer segments
- Researches special projects per segment to grow incremental partner solution efforts
- Communicates with segment sales leadership to enhance focus on partner practice
- Conducts weekly conference calls with each Field Solution Architect on their team.
- Increases knowledge of our customers through improved collaboration within our sales force.
- Ensures all field programs are in line with each other resulting in one common goal.
- Maintain and enhance the team moral.
- Gives quarterly updates to executive management.
- Ensures Business Plans and marketing objectives are achieved.
- Prepares and gives performance reviews.
- Assists in Strategic planning for geography.
- Assists in the hiring process of Field Solution Architects.
- Performs Target Account Phone Calls.
- Maximizes team performance by providing the necessary guidance, motivation and ongoing performance planning and review with Field Solution Architects.
- Develop networking solutions that differentiate CDW in the marketplace. Work closely with the Solution Development group to standardize the execution and rollout of these solutions across the Sales segments.
- Ensure our solutions drive/influence all potential profit sources including product resale, professional services and managed services.
- Ensure we build solutions that leverage our cross practice expertise and drive client value and CDW differentiation.
- Deliver results quarter by quarter.
- Manage cost and maximize ROI.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain CDW’s reputation for sales, technical and consulting excellence.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Three years of related solution development and/or sales support management with related technologies.
- Three years of professional services experience selling and/or scoping complex solutions designated technology space.
- In -depth knowledge of the designated technology space including partner and competitive landscapes, customer buying trends, business drivers, and technology drivers.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to lead teams and gain consensus.
- Ability to think strategically and also deliver supporting practical execution plans.
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve complex business and people issues.
- Consistency in using well rounded business judgment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Thought leadership in wireless technology and strong aptitude in networking overall preferred