The Proposal Specialist provides analysis, response, support, and processing of various types of proposals and bids for the applicable Sales Team. Such documents may include: request for proposal(RFP), request for information (RFI), and request for quotation (RFQ). These are collectively referred to as "Proposal Documents." The Proposal Specialist maximizes company revenue and profit through wins and sales generated by responses to Proposal Documents.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research the customer to understand their environment, politics, limitations, hot points and other factors that will translate to a response that wins.
- Provide feedback to account managers, sales managers and directors regarding current and anticipated Proposal Documents.
- Assemble stakeholders (proposal project team) to identify roles, responsibilities and timelines.
- With project team, discern strategies and win themes and incorporate into capture plan.
- Engage necessary internal resources such as Contract Negotiators, Program Managers and other company departments; engage outside resources such as vendors, partners and customers.
- Assist in the development of a pricing strategy, as applicable, and account for applicable costs to maximize profit.
- Prepare professionally written responses to Proposal Documents that specifically address customer requirements while positioning CDW for success; ensure compliance, accuracy, timeliness and that win-theme is consistent and apparent.
- Document and report on project status including eventual capture information and proper close out of opportunities including proposal debriefing and transition to Program Management, where applicable.
- Actively participate in department-sponsored and other training programs as applicable.
- Contribute to the shared resources of the department and company through contributions to content library and/or template development
- Contribute to department or company projects assigned.
- When required, attend industry days or pre-proposal functions.
- Lead post-submission exercises such as presentations, clarifications, ‘best and final offers’ and protests, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent relevant work experience
- 2 year(s) writing or editorial experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Office Applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Deadline focused and ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and other coworkers
- General IT product, contract and customer knowledge
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of purchasing requirements
- Familiarity with proposal assembly software
- Professional certifications such as APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals) or PMI (Project Management Institute).
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.