The primary purpose of the position is to assist in Pre/Post sales and engineering field teams through configuration processing, technical assistance, professional services opportunity discoveries and solution design expertise. This role works in a quality, professional manner to complete responsibilities on time and accurately, resulting in high customer satisfaction. This position may also provide guidance and technical leadership to sales teams and clients while positioning technical solutions that help achieve client business outcome requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides regional and team coverage of all IBM configuration requests received company wide.
- Provide best practice design validation, licensing requests, research, and product support verification.
- Improves response time, turnaround time and sales-cycle efficiency by fielding non-architectural client conversations and configuration operational workload.
- Performs pre-sales activities in conjunction with Sales Teams in educating clients with Sirius Computer Solutions products.
- Prepares and delivers client presentations
- Provides product demonstration to include implementation/migration planning
- Prepares product deliverable templates/client timetables
- Reviews client hardware configuration to ensure client meets necessary requirements
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor.
- Serves as a collaborative support across internal teams and clients when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties.
- Provides guidance to sales team regarding technology updates and/or changes
- Engages with customers for product information and recommendations
- Performs small to large-scale configuration and solution recommendations based upon customer requirements
- Facilitates order process by responding to technical product inquiries from support staff and field personnel
- Drive additional professional services and sales opportunities assessing client needs.
- Check available stock levels and sources for build solutions while maintaining solution integrity.
- Client facing, sales driven whiteboarding sessions to solidify client requirements and needs.
- Performs research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Monitors and reports status of efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of goals and implements corrective actions
- Supports bill of materials, quotations, and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Provides guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Performs peer review of configurations and other deliverables from other team members
- Mentor others to apply engineering background knowledge for infrastructure solution designs
- Takes a lead role as the team subject matter expert for IBM solutions
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc) for the Solution Build practice
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- At least ten (10) years of IT experience dealing with infrastructure solutions for IBM related practice to include at least five (5) years’ experience in a Pre-Sales Engineer role or similar. (Networking, Converged Infrastructure/Storage, etc).
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to configure IT infrastructure systems, including components, tools, and related software
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret technical manuals and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate clients and across internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- A Professional level certification (Skills Badges) from at least one of the following IBM Technologies: IBMi, AIX, IBM Linux
- Technical presales experience
- Demonstrated project scoping experience
- Relevant certifications in area of technical specialty
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.