Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose for this position is to make innovative and ingenious contributions to new solution/product design and implementation, based on understanding of applicable technology and how it can be applied to solution design, considerations of system-wide impact and business issues for Sirius clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Take a lead technical role in reviewing and editing deliverables produced by other Engineering and Consulting teams
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing client’s requirements to develop IT services offerings across multiple technology solutions that provide significant value to the geography which also includes recommending solutions supporting client account teams with development of proposals, quotations, and presentations. Supports complex engagements across multiple geographies
- Maintains client relationships as a trusted Technical Advisor. Serves as focal point for communications between multiple departments and clients, when necessary, using experience and judgment to communicate effectively to all parties
- Provides technical consultation with Sirius account teams to understand and contribute to Sirius’ technology and service offerings, and to align those offerings with client business requirements
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products
- Monitors and manages day-to-day operations of assigned complex projects including developing short and long-range goals, objectives, and budgets. Coordinates activities with other departments and agencies, oversees records maintenance, monitors budgets, approves and monitors expenditures, oversees reporting requirements, evaluates program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness. Ensures procedures are being followed and assists in resolving complex problems which require professional level input
- Conducts advanced and complex engineering across multiple architectures - related studies researching current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents reports to management.
- Reviews and develops deliverables for assessments, site surveys and Data Center infrastructure assessments
- Performs assessments across multiple technology solutions
- Designs and oversees upgrades of advanced and complex client infrastructure solutions
- Quality Assurance for SOW requests that meet triggers for size, cross brand, and complexity
- Performs peer review of deliverables from other team members for technical content before distribution to the customer
- Assists with developing standards for all deliverables for our practice and across service practices
- Develops and maintains customer presentations, demo instructions, and other related collateral
- Provides direction and technical leadership for Analysts, Specialists, and Engineers. Manages a project team and directs Sirius and customer teams in solution design and development. Provides leadership in creating business cases, financial justification, and solution benefit content for customer ready deliverables and presentations
- Provides leadership and expert advice/counsel on technical subject matters and architecture design to Customers, the Infrastructure Team, and other Extended Sirius Teams. Recognized by customer, peers, management as SME expert
- Ensures scheduling accuracy and complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Adheres to and remains mindful of project profitability
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least eight (8) years of hands-on IT Infrastructure experience, including three (3) years of experience with large enterprise cross-brand projects, including:
- At least five (5) years hands-on experience with Cisco route/switch Networking Solutions
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a client facing environment interacting with multiple levels of client leadership and teams
- Demonstrated experience leading advanced and complex technology projects in support of business initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.