Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide advanced Data consulting solutions to clients. This position may perform activities such as design, systems integration, and testing. This position will also handle client engagements requiring knowledge of multiple technologies and provide technical presales support.
This role will focus on projects involving Denodo architecture, development, and administration
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly serves in the lead consultant role on a project team to provide guidance to other team members. Serves as the executive program manager with responsibility for managing client expectations for specific Data projects, while seeking and fostering additional opportunities with clients. As part of this role, is responsible for managing the quality assurance process to deliver quality on-time deliverables.
- Identifies all points of contact from the system perspective and establishes contact with necessary stakeholders
- Reviews business and technical requirements from multiple user areas to ensure compatibility, identify gaps & inconsistencies and eliminate conflicting requirements
- Understands the business factors and motivators driving technology decisions with clients
- Participates in determining business requirements, technical requirements, and solution architecture for clients
- Provides input to final recommendations for technology solutions to meet business requirements
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) in/out-of-scope activities and deliverables prior to services delivery
- Provides technical team leadership and guidance to a project’s technical team by carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Assigning analysis, design, and development tasks to team members
- Coordinating all technical team responsibilities such as installation, configuration, development, deployment, and support of user testing
- Conducting technical reviews of all materials and deliverables for content, consistency, and accuracy of the solution
- Provides installation/configuration, requirements gathering, solution design, development, documentation, testing, and support to our clients via services delivery, including (but not limited to):
- Develops technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall solution design
- Develops data related files
- Develops data conversion solutions and designs
- Develops interfaces to other application systems
- Tests solutions for data integrity, performance, and usability
- Documents completed solution design, development, installation, and configuration work for the client
- Maintains technical specifications throughout the development process
- Prepares and completes technical design inspection of other team members
- Communicates status of engagement to the customer, Sirius’ Services management, and Sirius reps as appropriate during the engagement
- Recognize issues, risks, delays, etc. of the project and communicate immediately to the appropriate customer or Sirius team member
- Gathers feedback and input from team members and works with senior project staff to optimize client relationship and improve quality
- Consistently achieves outstanding Client Satisfaction results on all consulting engagements
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Builds client-focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years’ related work experience with one or more Data solutions in the Sirius portfolio, to include:
- Work experience with Denodo architecture, development, and administration
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge / understanding of enterprise system integrations, such as:
- Multi-Cloud integrations (a.k.a. cloud adjacency)
- Hybrid Cloud/On-prem systems
- Data Movement (ETL/ELT, Streaming, Batch Loading, Databricks, etc.)
- Data Virtualization (Logical data warehouse, Logical Data Lakes, Derived Tables); Denodo, Trifacta, Delta Lake, Databricks, etc.
- Data Prep (Self Service: Azure Data Factory, Talend, Alteryx, PowerBI; Enterprise: Informatica, Tableau Prep, Talend, etc.
- Data Consumption and Visualizations: PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos, ThoughtSpot, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of products, services and industry to identify and evaluate client needs and recommend the best solutions
- Proven ability to set standards, targets, measures for products and services based on knowledge of current market trends
- Demonstrated ability to work with wide variety of client staff including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation
- Demonstrated ability to architect large projects from pre-sales Discovery to Solution Outline
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
- Proven ability to maintain a large, influential network of contacts with visible industry presence
- Demonstrated database knowledge in DB2, Oracle, MS SQL, or other enterprise-class RDBMS
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems including Windows, i5/OS, z/OS, AIX, Linux, or others
- Consulting experience, especially in an agency or global systems integrator environment, working with a variety of tools and technologies
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty (Data Virtualization, Data Lakehouse, Cloud Modernization, etc.)
- Agile Methodology and practice experience
- Software(s): Jira, Monday, etc.
- Practices: Scrum master, sprints/task management, release cycles, defect/issue management, etc.
- General understanding of Enterprise Landscapes including digital practices (APIs / RESTful services, Content Delivery, Networking/Infrastructure, etc.)
- Software development languages a plus: C#, Java, Python, etc.
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.