The Lead Application Developer will be responsible for a small, agile group of developers working to support business process through technology solutions. The Lead Application developer will coordinate sprints, review code, drive agile innovation, in support of various practice areas that utilize tools developed and maintained the team, as well as manage the day to day of the core development staff. The developers assist with the ongoing development and maintenance of an in-house developed applications. In this role you are expected to be reliable, analytical, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work closely with the project team through application planning, development, and releases. This individual will be highly motivated, driven, and organized to stay on target with timelines while maintaining fully testable code. Must be able to manage time while working remotely.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform all stages of the software development life cycle, self-manage activities on smaller projects and serve as technical lead on small, medium and large projects.
- Determine operating requirements, costs, as well as resource needs for assigned projects and work in conjunction with a project manager on initiatives.
- Co-lead with Project Manager employing object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
- Participate in application architecture planning (including system partitioning and framework design) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Lead / develop: High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes;
- Lead / develop: Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team;
- Lead / develop: System test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished;
- Lead / develop: Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and by management
- Coach, mentor and monitor progress of jr. members, mentor & coach
- Draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
- Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Report project/task status to the management.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Technically manage project efforts in development, maintenance, and enhancements of business system applications.
- Complete tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Report status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a regular basis.
- Understand functional requirements of users. Translate those requirements into user experiences.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 10 years of experience in application development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- Expertise in developing applications
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Advanced knowledge of product lifecycle and understanding of the role of methodology/frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented design, and programming techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong organizational, planning and creative problem solving-skills with critical attention to detail
- Demonstrated success of facilitation and solutions implementation.
- Proven track record of leading application development projects.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience writing code in ReactJS & NodeJS for cloud native software applications using unit, integration, and E2E testing at the time of feature development
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- Familiarity and experience with software design patterns
- Familiarity and experience with cloud native architectures (GCP)
- Debug components with limited assistance
- Perform all parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment).
- Develop practical APIs, and abstractions per defined API contracts
- Experience with Jira
- Experience writing Typescript code in ReactJS(Material UI) & NodeJS for cloud native software applications using unit (Jest), integration, and E2E(Cypress) testing at the time of feature development
- Experience with building solutions leveraging Apollo GraphQL to connect various parts of the application together including Mongo Database
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery, and test-driven development
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.