Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain Backup & Recovery environments for Managed Services customers which may include but are not limited to: enterprise data backup and recovery systems, Windows, and/or Unix/Linux systems and associated software; virtualized systems, monitoring infrastructure, database systems, and respective ITIL tools. The Managed Services Specialist ensures high levels of availability and performance of the applicable backup and recovery environments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of technical tasks in support of Managed Services customers. These may include but are not limited to:
- Installs, implements, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client backup and recovery solutions
- Performs tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements with customers regarding backup success rates, backup run times, and overall backup and recovery support performance
- Communicates and enforces, through system procedures, backup and recovery policies
- Follows change control, incident response, and testing processes for modifications to backup jobs, schedules and applicable software updates
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, responds to, and resolves issues with backup jobs, restore requests, and overall backup environment capacity
- Monitors, analyzes, and predicts trends for backup and recovery performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements to the IT storage team
- Supports database/application level backups and restores (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Develops routines for end-users to facilitate backup and recovery best practices, including self-service backup administration, to include on-demand backups, and self-restores
- Works to become and remain informed on backup and recovery trends and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices
- Ensures that applicable backup and recovery applications and equipment adhere to all pertinent laws and regulations, escalating questions to more senior technical staff as necessary
- Creates required reports in response to business user needs
- Develops, documents, and maintains operational processes
- Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and change orders, providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
- Creates required reports in response to business user needs
- Prepares technical and procedures documentation
- Works with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client relationship
- Partners with the Managed Services Continuous Improvement team on pre-sales support activity
- Provides guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Complies with all time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least two (2) years of IT engineering work experience dealing with one or more infrastructure solutions supported by the Managed Services practice (Backup & Recovery, Networking Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, Windows, and/or Unix/Linux systems, virtualization technologies, monitoring infrastructure, database systems, and/or security tools)
- Experience with at least one (1) of the following backup/recovery solutions: Commvault, Cohesity, NetBackup, Rubrik, TSM, Veeam, and/or EMC DPS (Networker, Avamar, Data Domain)
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a managed services environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide day-to-day guidance to less experienced technical team members
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Experience with Operating System technologies such as Windows, Linux/Unix, etc.
- Managed Services experience
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers. Travel is expected to be less than 10% annually for training or conferences.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.