As the Head of Salesforce Portfolio, you will be responsible for go to market, strategy, and sales enablement for our Salesforce practice. This role works as part of a highly matrixed, cross-functional team in close partnership and collaboration across Sales, Customer Success, and our Salesforce delivery team. This role helps customers increase their return on investment and time-to-value using Salesforce. You will redefine traditional consulting models by focusing on business value, agility, and cloud practices, ensuring customer success, and developing lasting customer relationships. Your passion is a never-ending quest to innovate, improve, and enhance our service and product delivery methodologies, driving more value for our customers while achieving the professional services strategic and financial objectives.
This role requires a deep understanding not only of the digital platforms landscape, but also unique industry-specific challenges, regulations, and expectations. You will craft strategies that unearth opportunities to create and capture customer value and develop a consistent industry strategy to help scale our business.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Go-to-Market and Sales Teams to drive continued growth of services
- Collaborate closely with delivery practices leadership to ensure a balance of supply and demand for resource skills and capacity in accordance with demands of the market
- Work closely with the sales organization and support solution sales process, including the development and enhancement of offerings, tools and methodologies that improve the sale of professional services
- Review and approve complex proposals and statements of work
- Ensure a thorough understanding of customer expectations through meetings with sales and discussions of contractual details with the customer at the planning meetings
- Collaborate with Professional Services, Marketing, Sales and Pre-Sales Teams, and the wider Digital business to shape solutions, including hands-on deal involvement in large sales pursuits that will accelerate value for our customers.
- Foster executive relationships and, when required, serve as the executive sponsor or support others inside the business who serve as the executive sponsor.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers, their businesses, and industries, and help them realize their ambitious business value and transformations.
- Contribute to innovating and developing new and existing service offerings in partnership with Product Management and Development Teams.
- Responsible for achieving strategic and financial targets, including profitability, customer satisfaction, customer business value, operational innovation, and excellence.
- Manages a team of consultants to assign resources with the appropriate skills to support requests
- Delegates and assigns work to match the skill level with the task
- Provides structured "apprentice learning" to further staff development
- Leads cross-functional team
- Creates and maintains development plans
- Ensures team members participate in relevant training opportunities
- Provides timely and actionable feedback to team members
- Coaches and mentors others both formally and informally to position them for success
- Recruits and selects new team members based on company growth plans and/or skill needs
- Attracts talented professionals to Sirius
- Supports efforts to integrate new hires to better ensure their success
- Develops and maintains a good working environment for the team:
- Creates a positive impact on Sirius culture through demonstration of values and core competencies
- Supports employee engagement initiatives within Sirius
- Recognizes and rewards individual and team effort
- Supports behaviors that contribute to a constructive culture, recognizing their positive impact on business performance
- Creates an environment of honesty and transparency in order to foster a culture of motivation and support
- Prepares information for management regarding opportunity status and reviews any challenges:
- Shares client feedback with appropriate Sirius stakeholders to continuously improve services
- Conducts peer reviews at the client, to obtain feedback on Sirius’s performance
- Incorporates feedback from peer reviews to recognize good performance and address gaps
- Leads and motivates staff through coaching, mentoring, and performance management practices:
- Promotes adherence to standard operating procedures
- Addresses employee concerns and issues in a timely manner to aid in employee retention
- Engages in difficult conversations that lead to productive results and improved working relationships
- Maintains high ethical and professional standards and takes appropriate action to stop unethical and/or unprofessional behavior by others to protect our personal and professional brand
- Leads the teams' adherence to security, compliance, ethics, and human resource policies
- Sets clear achievable goals and put necessary metrics and milestones in place to monitor and ensure progress:
- Sets goals and objectives for the team to meet, which may consist of utilization, education, and skill development
- Review with the consultants to ensure they are working towards those goals
- Works with peer delivery managers to ensure seamless handoff of projects and accurate information flow between pre and post sales team.
- At least five (5) years’ Salesforce consulting experience, to include:
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a leadership position with proven quota attainment and exceptional results building, managing success, bookings, revenue, and margin
- Proven expertise and knowledge of industry-specific challenges, regulations, and expectations in one or more of the following industries:
- Retail and Consumer Goods
- Financial Services
Other Position Requirements
- Experience growing an annual business portfolio of $2 million to $5 million
- Track record in product and business model innovation -approach to create unique customer insights and convert them into replicable, scalable, profitable service offers
- Proven business acumen and analytical skills with ability to think strategically as well as ability to handle details
- Exceptional relationship-building skills demonstrated by ability to grow and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders.
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to lead the provision of consulting solutions to customers, and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites, and interact with customers and team members on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.