The Technician, Warehouse Inventory Control is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the warehouse’s physical inventory, including location, and the accuracy of the inventory assets represented within the ERP system. The Technician will hold Dock Responsibilities and be enabled to manage the dock area, doors, and warehouse maintenance; this includes receiving, booking, and preparing shipments.
The role requires a service-oriented individual who possesses strong organizational skills, a high degree of written and verbal communication skills, the ability to foster teamwork while being an effective individual contributor, and the ability to multi-task and to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and shipping records in compliance with operational policies and procedures utilizing the organization’s ERP
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the physical inventory within the warehouse, including but not limited to location within the facility
- Creates and maintains the accuracy and integrity of systematic record of the physical inventory within the warehouse, including but not limited to physical location
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by adhering to procedures and protocols
- Creates & maintains accuracy of inbound/outbound logs, systematically and/or manually
- Conducts regular physical counts to ensure inventory accuracy, reconciling within the ERP system
- Assists in documenting policy/procedures, establishing standard policies and procedures, and identifying process improvement opportunities
- Supports the Integration Center Technicians through location of assets and accurate inbound/outbound logs
- Supports physical inventory audits as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years work experience in warehouse, inventory control, supply chain, or logistics operations
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a self-directed manner and as part of a team
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proven written and verbal skills, in order to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and embrace change with composure, resilience, and perseverance in the face of constraints, high pressure, and adverse situations. Ability to adapt in a dynamic and always changing environment
- Demonstrated time management, multitasking and prioritization skills with the ability to re-prioritize work as needed
- Proven ability to anticipate issues/negative outcomes and work to resolve proactively. Demonstrates a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities.
- Demonstrates the ability to build strong relationships with individuals holding various roles
- Experience running on-hand reports, receipts, and shipping transactions in an ERP system
- Experience with Salesforce.com
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
This position exists to manage shipments and inventory of computer equipment for clients in a warehouse environment, to include physically receiving and sending shipments of computer equipment, and managing the warehouse dock area. As such, this role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis This position is also responsible to ensure the timely, accurate entry of inbound and outbound shipments within the ERP system. This role may also require night/weekend work as needed to meet client and organizational requirements.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.