The ServiceNow Senior Business Analyst serves as a translator between technical teams and the customer’s business community to collect, clarify, analyze and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which ServiceNow solutions are developed. This position works with the ServiceNow Solution Architect to ensure the solution is technically feasible, identifies areas to reduce implementation efforts, defines detailed stories with acceptance criteria, and works within the context of an agile/scrum development framework.
This position will be working directly with customer and coworkers and must be able to communicate effectively via phone and web conferencing as many of customers and coworkers work remotely.
In addition to supporting all phases of the project, this position may also be responsible for authoring content and peer-reviewing a wide array of documents, including functional, technical, training as well as marketing, and proposals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop a thorough understanding of the customer’s requirements and assist the project team in applying industry best practices and detailed knowledge of ServiceNow to help design an optimal solution that supports the business process that meets or exceeds functional requirements
- Assist the technical team in translating application functionality into application architecture and the production of a business functionality requirements statement
- Document workflows and results of business analysis
- Write stories, with acceptance criteria and functional test, in accordance to agile best practice guidelines
- Perform functional test on each story configured
- Assist in quality management reviews and ensures that all business and design requirements are met
- May also assist and lead test plan development and execution
- May also assist and develop and deliver end-user training
- Support Organizational Change Management (OCM) efforts by providing information on the “to be” solution
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization
- Serve as the thought leader to help define business processes, system usage, behavior and information requirement needs
- Decompose business problems quickly and determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 2 years working on the ServiceNow platform
- 4 years of experience designing and developing process workflows and writing stories
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) - Current or within 6 months of hire
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels
- Demonstrated work experience in process definition including facilitation, process documentation, change control, and process improvement
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience
- Effective in evaluating information, identifying risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models
- Proven ability to elicit project and system requirements
- Expert negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business, organization and solutions that are the back bone of the organization
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, strategies and organizational direction
- Adept at question/challenge existing business assumptions and constraints
- Demonstrated ability to understand how change will benefit the organization
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models
- Proven track record of successfully supporting the needs of project team members and internal stakeholders (locally and virtually)
- Strong working knowledge of requirements gathering software support, data mining tools and Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate influence without authority
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Certified Implementation Specialist CSM, HR, ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, SecOps or other ServiceNow certifications
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile SAFe, Scrum Master, or ITIL certification
- Familiarity with cost/benefit and ROI data analysis
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.