As the Systems Engineer I, you will participate in the maintenance, administration and optimization of company server and application infrastructure. You will apply technical knowledge and skills to provide a secure, fault tolerant, scalable and flexible server infrastructure for our operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve escalated email and mobile support related incidents for CDW coworkers.
- Created, maintain, and modify email enabled objects (including mailboxes, distribution lists, Office 365 groups).
- Help maintain departmental and end user documentation.
- Investigate and report on new features and technologies.
- Work off hours and weekends as instructed by the business.
- Participate in a rotational on-call schedule.
- Patch application and various on-prem server operating systems.
- Follow CDW’s policies, standard methodologies, and guidelines for cloud infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively with the Technology Service Desk and associated Business Partners.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of Information Technology Engineering experience installing/upgrading/managing Windows systems
- Intermediate understanding of cloud technologies (Office 365 and Google Workspace).
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand, retain, and communicate routine information.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work-related manuals.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Technical certifications associated to the chosen professional track.
- Microsoft MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals).
- Microsoft MS-203 (Microsoft 365 Messaging).
- Google Associate Cloud Engineer.
- Googe Professional Collaboration Engineer.
- Basic PowerShell scripting. Experience with ServiceNow.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.