The Security Engineer manages, maintains and implements the capacity planning and optimization of CDW’s network security infrastructure. This role applies experienced knowledge and skills to deliver secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for CDW’s operations. Additionally, the Security Engineer also supports and troubleshoots network and application problems and coordinates implementations with CDW staff and vendor personnel.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement and manage systems patching to protect from potential risk reported by Microsoft, Cisco or any security organization.
- Implement and manage URL proxy devices.
- Perform risk analysis for potential security issues to ensure secure applications and data.
- Intrusion analysis or penetration experience to identify potential data loss risks.
- Support security policies, practices and guidelines for the server infrastructure.
- Understand existing IT security policies and make recommendations for change as needed.
- Assist in business continuity planning for network security infrastructure.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience required.
- 4 years of experience and/or knowledge of Data Communications, Internet Technologies, Firewalls, Secure Access Controls, and Secure Application Development.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in all principles of Network Technology, including but not limited to Intrusion Detection, Network Access Control, Network Strategies, Design, VPN solutions and Next generation firewals (ie Cisco,PaloAlto,Fortinet,Checkpoint, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in 2 or more of the following capabilities.
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) administration
- Internet web proxy administration
- Network access control (NAC) administration
- Vulnerability management
- SIEM administration
- Privileged access management (PAM) administration
- Insider Threat management (ITM) administration
- Data loss prevention (DLP) administration Extensive understanding of Client /Server and Web Application components.
- Strong knowledge of networking and cyber security methods (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, PKI encryption, NGFW, etc) and various other Microsoft protocols
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects.
- Ability to multi-task organize and prioritize
- CISSP, SSCP, ISSEP, CPTS, CPTE, CISM, GSEC certifications preferred
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.