Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
**Open to Most US Locations
The Consultant performs ongoing client support for complex technical performance issues and develops recommendations to ensure adherence to service level agreements and customer service excellence. The Consultant may specialize in a particular discipline and continues to develop a platform of technical expertise.
In addition, the Consultant is required to provide input on how to drive process improvements, gain efficiencies, and create opportunities for improved workflow and automation.
For this particular role, we're looking for someone who has experience with CrowdStrike, as well as one (1) or more of the following SIEM tools: IBM QRadar, Exabeam, and/or Sumo Logic.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Services Delivery – 65% job weight
- Manages complex technical questions and ticket escalations and monitors system performance
- Identifies and makes recommendations on technical deficiencies, service performance issues, product utilization, bugs, and enhancements
- Recommends process improvements in order to drive efficiencies, reduction of the average time to trouble-shoot, and reducing false-positive alerts
- Develops customized reports and presentations, and provides technical knowledge transfer and analysis to clients on performance status, trends, and metrics
- Performs ongoing analysis and system testing of new system releases, upgrades, and/or patches to supported technologies
- Applies Trusted Advisor techniques to build up client trust and influence loyalty
- Confidently runs Great Meetings, differentiating services per MSS positioning
- Hosts monthly meetings and tuning calls with assigned accounts
Professional Development - 35% job weight
- Helps improve the team, proactively engages when service is inconsistent, or risk is identified
- Mentors team with technical advice / support
- Develops best practices, strategies, methodologies, documentation and templates suitable for use by other Consultants and Analysts
- Attends training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by the Manager
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field
- Experience with one (1) or more of the following SIEM tools: IBM QRadar, Exabeam, and/or Sumo Logic
- Experience with CrowdStrike
- Has one of the following required combinations of technical certifications and experience:
- Holds technical certifications for at least four (4) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and has at least three (3) years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in a security operations center
- Holds technical certifications for at least three (3) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and has at least four (4) years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
- Holds technical certifications for at least two (2) technologies for which Sirius provides managed security services* and has at least six (6) years of IT Support experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
Managed Security Services certifications may include, but are not limited to: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar, SANS GCIA, GCIH, QRadar CSC, Splunk, LogRhythm, or similar technology certifications
Other Position Requirements
- Solid prioritization / time management skills
- Experience with direct system engineering or support involving hardware, software and services at an enterprise level for at least one product lines in the designated practice
- Direct involvement in working with internal and external teams to implement and troubleshoot complex configuration hardware, software and services
- Experience presenting ideas and solutions to clients and adapting presentation style to fit particular client situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of company products and services, testing methodology, and system troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple IT infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team, consulting environment
- Proven ability to select resolutions and techniques that meet technical requirements within the context of best practices, and make recommendations to achieve targeted objectives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in clear, concise and crisp messages to a variety of audiences that instigate appropriate actions
- Proven ability to effectively present in a variety of formal and informal settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated ability to manage time to focus on priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish a collaborative approach to problem solving, ensuring that solutions generated by the team are tested and proven
- Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced team members
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, using latitude for independent judgment
- Proven ability to proactively step into team leadership roles and empower others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements
- Demonstrated Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.