Reporting to the Director, Global Ethics and Compliance, this position provides support for the execution of the Ethics and Compliance function’s strategic plan and provides practical, business-oriented legal advice on a broad range of regulatory and compliance topics/issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide guidance and support for the development and execution of the Ethics and Compliance program’s strategic goals.
- Provide legal counsel on diverse regulatory and compliance matters, including anti-corruption, international trade, anti-trust and those impacting public sector sales.
- Engage with business leaders to develop effective working relationships and function as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Provide practical advice, communication and training to CDW management and coworkers to effectively manage risk relating to regulatory and compliance matters.
- Support and manage elements of the company’s Ethics and Compliance program including the helpline reporting system, coworker training, and policy development and implementation.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments impacting the business.
- Conduct and/or provide oversight of internal investigations.
- Identify process improvements that will facilitate effectively mitigating and managing legal business risks, reduce outside counsel costs, improve quality of service and ensure compliance with CDW’s legal requirements.
- Manage outside counsel and/or assist inside counsel with regard to regulatory matters, including consultation with outside counsel and inside counsel regarding strategy and potential impact to CDW.
- Assist in development of best practices with regard to CDW processes, procedures and policies.
- Advise business leaders of critical project developments in a timely manner.
- Anticipate and counsel CDW management leaders regarding potential disputes.
- Assist with special projects and other matters as needed to support the Legal Department function and goals.
- Assist in acquisition, divestiture and similar transactions.
- Proactively manage to CDW legal budget.
- Participate as a full member of the corporate Legal Department staff. Coordinate with corporate Legal Department to ensure consistency with corporate legal policies.
- Work with paralegals and legal administrative staff in order to complete projects in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility and dependability in daily work schedule required.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Travel periodically to other CDW locations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- A JD Degree from an accredited law school, with demonstrated academic success.
- 10 years significant legal experience, preferably both as in-house counsel in a corporate law department and at a law firm.
- License to practice law and in good standing in the state where position is located and authorized to practice as an in-house corporate counsel in other relevant states.
- Proven success in partnering with and effectively counseling clients on a wide array of ethics and compliance-related issues, such as anti-corruption, international trade, anti-trust, internal investigations and issues impacting public sector sales.
- Ability to work autonomously, issue spot and provide incisive, practical and business-focused advice and counsel. Creativity and resourcefulness. Strong problem-solving skills with a pragmatic orientation. Ability to balance strategic and tactical issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex legal concepts to non-lawyers and to interact with stakeholders of all levels, including senior management.
- Demonstrated leadership talent, with the ability to motivate and interface with coworkers at all levels by virtue of keen business acumen, excellent judgment, professional competence, emotional intelligence, credibility, flexibility and personal integrity.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire trust and confidence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management experience with a proven history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience providing advice and counsel on international regulatory issues and/or within an international organization.
- Experience working with compliance issues related to sales and technology solutions.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.