The primary purpose of this position is to provide engineering infrastructure solutions to clients. This role provides pre-sales support via accurate and detailed infrastructure product recommendations, which may include, but are not limited to, x86 server, hyperconverged, and converged infrastructure solutions. This role works in a quality, professional manner to complete responsibilities on time and accurately, resulting in high customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs pre-sales activities in conjunction with Sales Teams in educating clients with Sirius Computer Solutions products.
- Prepares product deliverable templates/client timetables
- Develops solutions based on analysis of business and technical requirements
- Performs small to large-scale configuration and solution recommendations based upon customer requirements
- Develops product Bill of Material (BoMs) based on client requirements
- Facilitates order process by responding to technical product inquiries from support staff and field personnel
- Provides guidance to sales force regarding technology updates and/or changes
- Engages with customers for product information and recommendations
- Tracks configuration counts and associated time
- Creates and maintains process documentation
- Engages resources as required to complete or enhance customer solutions
- Provides research, analyses, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Monitors and reports status of efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of goals and implements corrective actions
- Develops and maintains reusable assets (templates, tools, etc.) for the Solution Build practice
- Provides guidance to less experienced technical team members
- May take a lead role as the team subject matter expert on certain products or solutions
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications: Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by management
- Identify and recommend eligible services opportunities to the field
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
- IT engineering experience dealing with infrastructure solutions in the Converged Infrastructure practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Dell TA or HPE ASE-level Certifications relating to x86 Servers or Converged and/or Hybrid Infrastructure
- Technical presales experience
- Demonstrated project scoping experience
- Consulting experience
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Analyst through Sr. Analyst levels, plus the following:
Nimble Learning - Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes.
Being Resilient - Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.