This role ensures the highest quality of customer service is provided helping solutions reps with any situations or issues that are beyond their scope of experience or knowledge.
The Customer Relations Team Leader acts as an escalation contact for the Customer Relations team. In this role, Team Leaders will be coaching Customer Relations team members to help increase productivity and quality. They will also help representatives with any situations or issues that are beyond their scope of experience or knowledge. This includes manager calls and escalated issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist coworkers and management as needed or in periods of high volume.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives that drive a solid balance of productivity and providing positive “one touch” experiences for our customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in resolving customer's complex issues.
- Clarifies procedures, fields general questions, assists with troubleshooting cases, and reviews
- Provide daily direction and communication to co-workers so that cases, emails and calls are addressed in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Addresses and researches escalated issues raised by internal and external partners, ultimately making decisions and/or recommendations.
- Works with their leadership team to ensure coverage is adequate during operational hours.
- Regularly assesses transactional processes and procedures. Suggests methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Compiles and shares detailed reports related to team productivity, mission critical objectives, and vendor specific information
- Provides encouragement to team members, including reinforcement of team goals and identifies areas for new training or skill checks.
- Monitors internal tools leveraged by team to ensure productivity is maintained, communicates service level issues, works with internal support teams to troubleshoot and resolve system failures/outages.
- Works with management to assist in ongoing job specific development of team.
- Lead cross departmental round table meetings and communicates feedback with management and team members.
- Maintains open communication with direct Supervisor to address any issues requiring additional management intervention. Escalates issues when appropriate.
- Works with our Vendor Contacts when it comes to transactional matters involving vendor tools, processes and proprietary access management.
- Supports execution and development of departmental strategies to increase productivity and provide greater levels of service.
- Works as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement.
- Assist team with workload as the business requires.
- Lead by example. Model the guidelines set forth in the CDW Way and follow all CDW policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer services experience
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Applications, and general use of office equipment, e.g. mouse, keyboard).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness with critical attention to detail.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes and put them into practical use.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Flexibility to work different shifts as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Extensive knowledge of Customer Relations department
- Prior leadership experience
- Training and development background
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.