Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings.
The Cyber Security Senior Consultant is responsible for managing and performing engagements related to a variety of technical assessments. Senior Consultants have deep subject matter expertise, the ability to interface directly with clients to lead successful and positive engagements, and the capacity to mentor teams of junior resources. The Cyber Security Senior Consultant is an integral part of the delivery team and is responsible for building relationships with client contacts, producing high-quality deliverables and advisory services, and providing technical guidance and consulting during engagements. Because much of the work takes place on-site at client locations, frequent travel will be required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with the performance of Business Impact Analyses (BIAs) along with development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (BCPs and DRPs)
- Managing and performing cybersecurity control assessments in a wide variety of business environments, including:
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Cloud Security Controls
- Understanding of data protection, classification, and management controls
- Understanding of cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Providing trusted advisory services and guidance to clients that will reduce organizational risk and improve their overall security posture
- Preparing and reviewing reports and other deliverables that contain strategy, technical analysis, and findings in connection with our advisory and assessment engagements and communicating those results to client management
Qualifications - Internal
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the field(s) of IT Audit, Consulting, and/or Security, Privacy or Risk Management.
- Previous experience in a Big4 consulting and/or other consulting firm preferable.
- Understanding of or experience with industry and regulatory frameworks and standards, including but not limited to: PCI DSS, NIST SP 800-30, NIST CSF, ISO 27000 series, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM), Center for Internet Security (CIS) Top 20 Critical Security Controls (CSC), HIPAA Security Rule and HITECH Act, and information security requirements of Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP)
- Knowledge and/or experience assessing firewalls, server operating systems, security tools (e.g., anti-virus, intrusion detection/prevention systems), and cryptography
- Working knowledge of network, database, and application-level security
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster close professional relationships with clients
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and teams in parallel and keeping to commitments and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complex client business processes
- An understanding of the importance of business ethics
- Qualities such as professionalism, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, team-focus, dedication, resourcefulness, and an eagerness to learn
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and the Microsoft Office suite of products, (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field;
- Obtained or working towards Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. (Candidates that do not yet possess the CISSP will be required to obtain the certification after hire.)
- ABCP, CBCP, CIPP, CISA, CISM, CCSP, or related certifications are a plus.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.