Let’s change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of techies, to collaborate and master with. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The Program is a meaningful milestone based, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into an engineering role on CDW’s Managed Services team where you will accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing:
Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals as well as pursue certifications that are incorporated into the program.
- Driving architecture and delivering customer solutions on Cisco, Palo Alto, Meraki, Aruba, F5, Fortinet, Silver Peak platforms with a specialized focus on troubleshooting capabilities and automation.
- Take your collaboration to the next level by partnering with technical and business staff of customers following troubleshooting, consulting, and change management best practices leading towards more complex future engagements.
- Pre-Sales – listen and observe sales activities, understand the customer needs, asks appropriate questions. Provide in-depth technical expertise on specific platforms and applications supporting solution architecture.
- Planning – participate in kick off meetings. Communicate customer information and requirements with the project team. Review Statement of Work (SOW), validating against the service catalog.
- Design – read design documents and contribute to the development of customer solutions. Participate in joint technology design sessions, providing technical analysis on implementation sequencing.
- Implementation – perform assigned engagement activities as directed. Troubleshoot, configure and test based on design specification, client environment and solution topology. Consider platform interoperability, equipment/OS upgrades and updates to meet agreed upon hardware standards and manufacturer/CDW standard methodologies.
- Operations – Participate in remediation for post incident reviews. Recognize opportunity for resolution and own what is needed to drive resolution, identify and recommend support process improvements. Contribute to Wiki forums and provide feedback/questions to stimulate discussion, intellectual capital and continuous process improvement.
- Consulting – work with customers to understand their business needs and drivers.
- By joining our team, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects to help enable your success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our partners.
- BA/BS including concentration in; Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or one of the following:
- Associate degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology focused concentration plus 1 year of relevant practical experience or;
- 3+ years relevant practical experience in switch, routers, firewalls, load balancers, SD-WAN, automation or wireless, or;
- 1 year relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications to be in active standing)
- Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
- Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- At least 1 year or equivalent experience configuring or supporting some or all: Windows Servers, Linux Servers, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, SD-WAN, and/or automation (or as relevant based on technology track)
- At least 1 year or equivalent experience programming or scripting
- Experience in planning, deployment and operational support of advanced technologies and applications
- 1-3 years system administration and/or consulting experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.