The Senior Global Accounting Advisory Analyst II performs research and analysis on complex technical accounting and reporting issues, assists with the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting rules, and updates the Company’s global finance instruction manual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for researching US GAAP/SEC rules and regulations to resolve and document the accounting and reporting for complex technical issues.
- Assists with the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting rules, including working with various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Performs and documents review of material revenue contracts to ensure revenue is appropriately recognized in accordance with ASC 606
- Assists with purchase accounting for business combinations net assets are properly measured and valued in accordance with ASC 805.
- Monitor and document FASB projects and accounting standard updates to determine impact to the Company and inform finance leadership
- Updates the Company’s global finance instruction manual, which includes accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Supports the Company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with respect to technical accounting issues.
- Maintains compliance with internal control procedures surrounding technical accounting and policy, including preparation of documentation to support accounting and reporting positions.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of public/industry accounting experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient knowledge of US GAAP (emphasis on ASC 606 and 805) and SEC rules and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Solid financial analysis skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.