The Senior Network Engineer installs, configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots CDW’s global network and firewall components to provide a robust network communications platform. Partcipates in the implementation, capacity planning, and optimization of CDW’s network and firewall infrastructure. This engineer applies expert experience, knowledge and skills to deliver secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for CDW’s operations, supports and troubleshoots network and application problems, coordinates implementations with CDW staff and vendor personnel and is a knowledgeable resource for other Network Engineers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops configuration plans for network and firewall systems.
- Specific responsibilities include design, installation, configuration, administration, upgrade, maintenance, and documention of complex Cisco switches, routers, wireless, VPN, ASA firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, F5 LTM & GTM Load Balancers, and Cisco Viptela SDWAN sollutions.
- Lead major network projects to suport capacity growth, upgrades, new products/features, and integration.
- Acts as tier 1 through tier 4 support for all network issues; participates in on-call rotation. Must be available to work frequently during evenings and weekends. Up to 25% domestic and international travel is required.
- Analyzes and resolves applicable hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Creates and maintains documentations of Standard Operating Procedure’s and other process documentation.
- Secures network systems by enforcing policies.
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff. Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Coordinates with management for the acquisition of and contracting for hardware, software, and information technology services (including maintenance) for all network routing, switching, wireless, and firewall infrastructure.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of Information Technology Engineering experience.
- 3 years of SDWAN experience in an enterprise and data center environment.
- Proficient in the creation and management of network documentation.
- Monitoring tool experience required.
- Experience with change management control policies and tools.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years- experience is required with Cisco IOS, VPN Concentrators, ASA/FirePower, Routers, WLAN, Switches, Palo Alto Firewalls and F5 Load balancers.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of network/internet protocols/services such as TCP/IP model, MPLS, VPLS, Ethernet, VXLAN, MST, VRRP, OSPF, EIGRP, MP-BGP, DNS, DHCP, IPSec, VRF, and NAT.
- A College degree in a technical track is preferred.
- Familiarity with scripting, deployment, and debugging using Python & Terraform.
- One or more of the following are preferred:
- Cisco ENSDWI, CCDP, CCNP or CCNP-SP
- Palo Alto Certification ((PCNSE/PSNSA/PCCSE)).
- Microsoft Azure Certification
- 8+ years’ experience in a technical engineering role is preferred.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.