The Disaster Recovery Specialist is responsible for defining, planning, and coordinating the creation, reporting, and testing of Disaster Recovery plans for the technology team. Acts as a consultant to teams in applying a DR framework to their technology stacks. Working cross-functionally, this role assists in setting DR strategy, coordinating DR runbooks, and leading DR test excercises, including quarterly DR tests. This role has overall accountability for DR planning and execution. It requires a strong understanding of industry best practices related to areas of responsibility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and maintain the technology DR plan, processes, and procedures. Understand their interdependencies and requirements.
- Develop DR framework, including best practices and guidelines
- Work with application teams and business users to classify all CDW infrastructure and applications into tiers, each with specific RTO and RPO requirements.
- Sponsor, lead, and coordinate DR projects and work activities at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement DR roadmaps for relevant areas, working closely with internal infrastructure, cloud, security, and applications teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong, productive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in Agile Program Increment planning events to identify projects and activities that may impact diaster recovery activities.
- Liaise with Security and Business Continuity teams to ensure alignment of IT DR program to larger enterprise BCP.
- Identify and provide regular feedback on risks to DR program and appropriate mitigation.
- Ensure compliance to all audit and regulatory compliance requirements as it relates to DR program.
- Create, document and implement policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and research new technologies that increase DR capability and reduce expenses.
- Develop and report operational SLAs and metrics for areas of responsibility and present results to senior IT management.
- Provide long-term vision and strategic direction for disaster recovery program.
- Interface with technology vendors on a regular and frequent basis.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Management or related field
- 8 years of Infrastructure or Application Engineering experience, with 5 years experience specifically with Disaster Recovery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, gain consensus, and move teams towards a shared vision.
- Knowledge of mutliple Backup and Disaster Recovery toolsets.
- Working knowledge of technologies and platforms with preference to Microsoft, VMware and Citrix
- Working knowledge of mainframe platforms related to IBM “System I”
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies related to: Cloud (Azure)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to lead a large, cross-functional project
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to relay technical data to a non-technical audience.
- History or balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Relevant certifications
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.