The Software Engineer II develops business software solutions through test driven development, 12 factor principles, object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- As a member of an agile team, work iteratively on value added tasks to the stakeholder and be accountable to the team in daily standups
- Develop and maintain applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects as appropriate to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Design, code, test, and implement solutions as detailed in the requirements from the product backlog
- Design and develop code and systems that considers the operational impacts and minimizes technical debt.
- Design and develop code and systems that considers the operational impacts and minimizing technical debt.
- Incorporate usability into developed software Develop code that includes understanding of its users in mind
- Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical knowledge/experience
- Demonstrated experience with basic Linux systems administration and networking
- Demonstrated experience with Bash or Python scripting
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code (especially Ansible)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software administration processes and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Working knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Ability to write clean, easy to understand code
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Experience with Agile development (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Terraform, Packer, Inspec
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.