The Senior Engineer - Software develops business software solutions through test driven development, 12 factor principles, object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- As a member of an agile team, work iteratively on value added tasks to the stakeholder and be accountable to the team in daily standups
- Design, code, test, and implement solutions as detailed in the requirements from the product backlog
- Automate the code build processes: Git commit, static code analysis, test, build, repo artifact, dev-test-prod
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects as appropriate to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Develop high-level diagrams, use cases, wireframes, storyboards, and user interface prototypes
- Develop and maintain applications to CDW standards and quality.
- Mentor and provide design oversight for non-senior members of the team
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
- Design and develop code and systems that considers the operational impacts and minimize technical debt.
- Incorporate usability into developed software
- Expectation to investigate root cause on issues that negatively impact customers’ experience
- Maintain awareness around health of platforms regarding patching, file system use, vulnerabilities, large-scale configuration consistency and other operational properties of distributed systems
- Participate and help maintain codebase in support of mutiple industry-standard audit and compliance efforts
- Member of on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- 5 years of experience in systems development
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role
- Experience with designing software including 12-Factor application principles
- Understand principles of Test-Driven Development
- Experience working as a member of an agile team
- Demonstrated knowledge of a cloud platform: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD (e.g., GitHub Actions, Jenkins)
- Demonstrated understanding of various programming techniques (e.g., object-oriented, compositional, functional)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with Linux command line (bash), VI, etc.
- Experience with OpenSSH: forwards, tunneling and public key authentication
- Experience with virtualization and networking
- Demonstrated understanding of a typical DevOps toolchain
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% or as needed to other CDW locations or client sites
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to help uncover and clarify ambiguous requirements
- Cloud certification in at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Working knowledge of at least three programming languages (e.g., Python, Golang, Java)
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. pytest, JUnit)
- Exposure to or experience with API development (e.g., RESTful, graphQL)
- Some knowledge of a Linux-based HTTP Server
- Experience with SQL (e.g., MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working within a Managed Services Provider
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux package management
- Understanding routing, nftables/iptables, TCP optimization and layer 2 networking concepts
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.