The Purchasing team is responsible for procurement activities, including but not limited to, inventory management, pricing, price protection, and back order fulfillment.
The primary purpose for this position provides purchasing and vendor relations support to assigned functional area(s). This position works with the internal teams to identify preferred vendors, obtain quotations, and place orders for needed equipment, software, subcontracted labor services, telecommunications, colocation facilities, and other items/services to support all corporate procurement departmental needs. The position also supports, and may lead, the vendor selection and relationship processes including initial and ongoing assessment, negotiation, and communications.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop internal and external partner relationships at all levels to contribute to the success of the Procurement organization.
- Collaboration with Internal Stakeholders on internal purchasing requirements.
- Partner with Vendors to quote and negotiate Stakeholder requirements.
- Confirms price, discount, ship date, location, item, quantity, etc.
- Create and verify purchase order are accurately placed & received by vendor.
- Researches and resolves order discrepancies, pricing revisions, order cancellations, etc.
- Tracks status of purchase order at all times by:
- Updating purchase order record of all order changes and progress
- Maintaining database system integrity
- Works with Accounting department to reconcile invoice discrepancies.
- Maintains professional relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Participates in vendor selection processes, including initial and ongoing assessment, negotiation and communications.
- Receives computer equipment and other shipments in the San Antonio office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree, OR
- 1-year of experience in Procurement, Pricing, Purchasing, or related
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively interact and present to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Problem solving and critical evaluation of data.
- Understanding of supply chain process and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), with intermediate Excel skills.
- Able to work independently and balance multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and maintain effective relationships with Buyers, Partner Management,
- Accounting and Vendors.
- A minimum of 1 year working with Internal Stakeholders on purchasing.
- Experience with contract and pricing negotiation.
- Experience with cost and ROI analysis required.
- Accounting experience.
- Experience with Salesforce and ERP applications.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.