As part of CDW’s Digital Velocity (DV) organization, Cloud Principal Consultants engage with CDW pre-sales, clients, and internal teams to scope, design, develop and implement automated, cloud native pattern solutions primarily to the public cloud service provider Azure.
During the pre-sales phase, Principal Consultants partner with the pre-sales team to validate and approve Statement of Work (SoW) criteria for the cloud professional services team. Post sales, Cloud Principal Consultants contribute to the design, architecture and delivery of cloud solutions based on the SoW criteria. This role is expected to have thought leadership as well as deep technical knowledge in core areas pertaining to Azure and cloud native automation and DevOps solutions
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Review, comment, and provide feedback to pre-sales on Azure SoWs pending approval for client proposal
- Billable consultant directly and indirectly (supporting coworkers) providing complex Azure architecture, cloud native pattern design and cloud engineering solutions to DV clients
- Hybrid of technical leadership and direct delivery of cloud automation solutions including, but not limited to; Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Kubernetes / AKS, Containers, CI/CD pipelines, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Contribute as a technical leader to the continuous improvement and shaping of the Azure department (Technical leadership to coworkers, interviewing technical candidates via recruiting, etc..)
- Training, mentoring and code / work review of other technical team members and clients as necessary
- Cloud architectural design, presentation and implementation leadership to support cloud native automation solutions at scale as well as component specific design and implementation consulting services around Azure’s core resources, cloud networking, IAM, etc.
- Creation and delivery of as needed workshops, knowledge transfer sessions etc. to clients in order to ensure solution adoption and permanence
- Meet training and certification requirements for applicable technologies (MS Azure, HashiCorp, CKA, etc.)
- Travel estimate up to 10%
- Internal projects when applicable
Education and/or Skill-Set Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in deployment of private/public cloud solutions
- Previous direct customer consulting experience or equivalent understanding of role responsibilities
- Experience working with pre-sales teams to shape SoWs for successful delivery
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Azure cloud platform and awareness of multi-cloud solutions and capabilities
- Experience with end-to-end scalable Azure architecture design and solution implementation for organizations of varying size
- Experience designing and implementing solutions with Terraform, Ansible or equivalent IaC automation tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM Templates) and how organizations leverage them
- Working knowledge of various on-premise and cloud connectivity (e.g. ExpressRoute) options through to cloud network security groups and routing
- Experience deploying and managing Azure tenants, subscriptions, resources, resource groups, NSG, etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and containers
- Design and implementation experience of container solutions including orchestration with Kubernetes and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes cluster design and implementation
- Experience working with Azure DevOps including Azure Pipelines, Azure Boards, and Azure Repos
- Working knowledge of GitHub and/or GitLab
- Experience developing workshop and presentation content with slides, artifacts, etc. and presenting technical solutions to audiences of varying technical knowledge
- Experience working as a team member within an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to speak to business value of public cloud solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as role must be able to conduct client facing conversations to drive success in consulting engagements
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with delivery engineering teams
- Ability to create diagrams or visuals that represent proposed architectures using standard diagraming tools (MS Visio, PowerPoint, Lucidchart, Draw.io, etc.)
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Ability to take on multiple assigned tasks, organize, and prioritize
- Desired Certifications: Azure DevOps Engineer, Azure Solution Architect, Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Additional technology areas and experience: Linux, PowerShell, BASH Scripting, Cloud platform specific automation tooling, additional scripting languages, additional software development languages, data experience, networking experience
- Experience working as a consultant within professional services
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.