As a member of our Delivery Services organization, the ServiceNow QA Consultant works in a team setting on various projects and takes the customer’s requirements/stories and ensures the work ServiceNow delivers meets their acceptance criteria and is performed at a high level of quality. They have a solid understanding of the overall ServiceNow platform, with at least 2 ServiceNow Business Unit specialties preferred. The ServiceNow QA Consultant interfaces with the customer to explain testing procedures, clarify acceptance criteria, or perform collaborative testing, as needed. Additionally, as new releases/technologies emerge on the ServiceNow platform, the ServiceNow QA Consultant takes advantage of training opportunities to become skilled in these changes and uses them to advance ServiceNow and its customers. The Senior QA Analyst aids in the identification of continuous process improvement of QA standards, and practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform analysis of business requirements for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity, and testability
- Define testing scope, approach, risks, and assumptions
- Design, build, and prioritize test cases
- Create and maintain the project testing schedule
- Execute testing
- Report and communicate test status and metrics to project stakeholder
- Lead efforts in the development, recommendation for change, technological innovation, continuous improvement, and documentation of Software Quality Assurance processes, practices, and frameworks, assuring a high level of system readiness prior to production implementation
- Identify and recommend changes to status reporting and quality metrics
- Lead and/or participates in peer reviews of project deliverables
- Assess and understand business requirements as documented in Agile stories Validate business requirements against the implementation through comprehensive testing, with special attention paid to testing from a user perspective rather than from a technical perspective
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction Act as an Agile tester and be flexible to play multiple roles in the team
- Look for inconsistencies or usability issues and alerts TL and EM if something is identified
- Automate testing using the ServiceNow Automated Testing Framework
- Provide Regression Testing
- Provide test results and client deliverables such as detailed test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports any other assets described in the SOW Continuous improvement of testing practices
- Attend and participate in Scrum meetings as needed
- Ensure Project Lead receives timely updates on assigned tasks to facilitate frequent and proactive customer communication
- Ensure all time is recorded accurately and keep calendar up-to-date with scheduled activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in a Technical field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of full life cycle Software Quality Assurance process experience (requirements analysis, decomposition, test case design, prioritization and risk analysis, test execution, metric reporting, etc.).
- Experience with testing automation preferred. Familiar with the Information Technology consulting industry
- Track record of successfully leading multiple, or large-scale QA projects, including planning, estimating and prioritizing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Solid development background with an emphasis on implementing Service Management solutions
- Broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and IT systems and an eagerness to remain current on each
- Understand the full application life cycle Understand complex business requirements
- Understand ITIL process including Change, Incident, Problem, Knowledge, and Configuration Management and the interdependencies between each
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology Active listening skills, respecting others' point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input while demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, and presentational)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Ownership, accountability, and attention to detail in all work efforts
- Ability to excel with minimum supervision
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always “make it right”
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience in testing automation using the ServiceNow Automated Testing Framework
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) preferred
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM (CIS-ITSM) preferred
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist for one (1) other CIS Business Unit preferred
- Professional Certification, such as: Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST); International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB-CTLF) Tester; Certified Test Engineer (CSTE); Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA); Certified Manager of Software Quality (CMSQ); Advanced Level Test Analyst or Test Manager
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.