Sirius Federal is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented mid-senior level Proposal Manager, to join our Bids & Proposal team. As a Proposal Manager, you will augment our existing team by taking ownership of the proposal process, managing and successfully driving it to meet critical deadlines while contributing to the technical, past performance, and program management sections of proposals – creating compelling, compliant, winning proposal responses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle proposal management of small, medium and large-scale, complex proposals for government and commercial customers across defense and civilian agencies.
- Using salesforce, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams, lead and motivate proposal teams throughout the proposal process in accordance with established ISO-certified processes and best practices.
- Analyze solicitations (RFP/RFQ/OTA) and/or customer requirements to develop proposal strategy and response.
- Create proposal plans, annotated outlines, compliance matrices, proposal schedules, win themes, and provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams.
- Plan and lead effective, strategic, and results-driven kick off meetings, price strategy meetings and facilitate color review meetings. Document and clearly communicate notes, action items, due dates and expectations.
- Facilitate timely execution of content and process management for proposals in response to RFPs/solicitations as a prime or subcontractor.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Lead regular proposal status meetings and manage the team to the proposal schedule.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval and coordinating requirements with contributors to include internal team members and teaming partners.
- Develop written narratives from scratch leveraging various departmental resources and subject matter experts and/or by tailoring boilerplate narrative for non-technical sections, when necessary.
- Manage proposal versioning and quality control to ensure that all proposals meet high standards for submittal, in coordination with Contracts and Program Management departments.
- Perform in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Formatting of proposals prior to submittal.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of reusable knowledge and content database.
- Continuously develop knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Federal IT industry and Sirius Federal’s core capabilities to include security, wireless, next-generation networking, data center, collaboration, and software.
- Build strong partnerships and successful cross-department relationships with Capture, Contracts, Sales, Accounting, and the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years additional related experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant professional experience in proposal writing and management roles for large and small federal and commercial proposals addressing IT products and services.
Other Position Requirements:
- Significant full life-cycle proposal development experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of contract types and GWACs, IDIQs, RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and Task Orders as they relate to proposals.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling proposal narrative and oral presentation slides, working with the sales and engineering staff to extract technical concepts and solutions.
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining proposal development plans, schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, resource plans, win themes, weekly status reports, and proposal templates.
- Experience engaging with subcontractors and developing timelines for incorporation into a final proposal.
- Demonstrated experience leading kickoff and color review meetings.
- Proven ability to motivate and guide teams to a timely, winning proposal submission.
- Proven working knowledge of MS Office business applications.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and compliance.
- Must be able to prioritize time-sensitive activities and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Understanding of FAR and DFAR
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools to include SharePoint
- Salesforce experience
- APMP Certification
- Shipley training
- Experience applying Shipley proposal development processes.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.