Sirius Federal is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented entry-mid level Associate Proposal Manager, to join our Bids & Proposal team. As an Associate Proposal Manager, you will augment our existing team by taking ownership of the proposal process, managing and successfully driving it to meet critical deadlines while contributing to the technical, past performance, and program management sections of proposals – creating compelling, compliant, winning proposal responses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle proposal management of small to medium task order requests for government and commercial customers across defense and civilian agencies.
- Using salesforce, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams, lead and motivate proposal teams throughout the proposal process in accordance with established ISO-certified processes and best practices.
- Analyze solicitations (RFx/OTA) and/or customer requirements to develop proposal strategy and response.
- Create proposal plans, annotated outlines, compliance matrices, proposal schedules, win themes, and provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams.
- Plan and lead effective, strategic, and results-driven kick off meetings, price strategy meetings and facilitate color review meetings. Document and clearly communicate notes, action items, due dates, and expectations.
- Facilitate timely execution of content and process management for proposals in response to RFx solicitations as a prime or subcontractor.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Lead regular proposal status meetings and manage the team to the proposal schedule.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval and coordinating requirements with contributors to include internal team members and teaming partners.
- Develop written narratives from scratch leveraging various departmental resources and subject matter experts and/or by tailoring boilerplate narrative for non-technical sections, when necessary.
- Manage proposal versioning and quality control to ensure that all proposals meet high standards for submittal, in coordination with Contracts and Program Management departments.
- Perform in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Format proposals prior to submittal.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of reusable knowledge and content database.
- Continuously develop knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Federal IT industry and Sirius Federal’s core capabilities to include security, wireless, next-generation networking, data center, collaboration, and software.
- Build strong partnerships and successful cross-department relationships with Capture, Contracts, Sales, Accounting, and the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or 3 years additional related experience.
- 3-5 years’ relevant, successful professional experience in Federal proposal coordination and/or management roles in the Federal IT or related industry.
- Demonstrated experience leading kickoff and color review meetings.
- Experience developing and maintaining proposal development plans, schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, resource plans, win themes, weekly status reports, and proposal templates.
- Experience with and knowledge of FAR and DFARs, contract types and GWACs, IDIQs, RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and Task Orders as they relate to proposals.
- Proven working knowledge of MS Office business applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as prioritize time-sensitive activities and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet short proposal deadlines.
- Foundation Certification from APMP and/or Shipley training preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and compliance.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
Serving federal agencies for over 25 years, Sirius Federal has a wealth of knowledge and resources to offer best practice solutions that achieve optimal outcomes and meet compliance guidelines. Together with our parent company Sirius Computer Solutions, we offer a comprehensive range of solutions backed by an expert team of engineers and the highest levels of partnership with leading manufacturers. From design to deployment, support, and maintenance, our technology solutions and services are designed with a constant focus on supporting our customers’ missions. We prioritize your success – and we don’t succeed unless you do.
Sirius Federal is a Cisco Gold Partner, Dell Technologies GSA Authorized Partner, F5 Platinum Partner, IBM Platinum Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner, Nutanix Master Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner, Splunk Elite Partner, Tenable Platinum Partner, and VMware Premier Partner.
Sirius Federal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
U.S. citizenship is required for most positions and selected applicants will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation.