The Network Engineer installs, configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots CDW’s global network and firewall components to provide a robust network communications platform. Partcipates in the implementation, capacity planning, and optimization of CDW’s network and firewall infrastructure.
This engineer applies experience, knowledge, and skills to deliver: secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for CDW’s operations, supports and troubleshoots network and application problems, coordinates implementations with CDW staff and is a knowledgeable resource for Associate Network Engineers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops configuration plans for network and firewall systems.
- Specific responsibilities include design, installation, configuration, administration, upgrade, maintenance, and documention of complex Cisco switches, routers, wireless, VPN, ASA firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, F5 LTM & GTM Load Balancers, and Cisco Viptela SDWAN sollutions.
- Contribute to major network projects to suport capacity growth, upgrades, new products/features.
- Acts as tier 1 through tier 3 support for all network issues; participates in on-call rotation.
- Analyzes and resolves applicable hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Creates and maintains documentation of Standard Operating Procedure’s and other process documentation.
- Secures network systems by enforcing policies.
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff.
- Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Ensure compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel is required.
- Must be available to work frequently during evenings and weekends.
Education and/or Experience Qualification
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of Network Engineering experience.
- 2 years of SDWAN experience in an enterprise and data center environment.
- Proficient in the creation and management of network documentation.
- Monitoring tool experience required.
- Experience with change management control policies and tools.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years- experience is required with Cisco IOS, VPN Concentrators, ASA/FirePower, Routers, WLAN, Switches, Palo Alto Firewalls and F5 Load balancers.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of network/internet protocols/services such as TCP/IP model, MPLS, Ethernet, VXLAN, MST, VRRP, OSPF, EIGRP, MP-BGP, DNS, DHCP, IPSec, and NAT
- A College degree in a technical track is preferred.
- Familiarity with scripting, deployment, and debugging using Python, Ansible, & Terraform.
- One or more of the following are preferred: Cisco ENSDWI, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP or CCNP-SP
- Palo Alto Certification (PCNSE/PSNSA/PCCSE).
- Microsoft Azure Certification 5+ years’ experience in a technical engineering role is preferred.
Salary range: $67,000 - $80,800, depending on experience and skill set
Benefits overview: https://cdw.benefit-info.com/
Salary ranges may be subject to geographic differentials
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.