The primary purpose of this position is to perform technical tasks, which are related to the operation and monitoring of assigned technologies for the managed services customer base in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, schedules, and checklists.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Service Delivery - 60% Job Weight
- Accountable for successful collaboration with Customers, Suppliers, and fellow Employees to prioritize and deliver services that meet or exceed the business needs.
- Delivers services within defined SLAs and security/compliance requirements
- Completes/ensures completion of daily operational documentation and transfers knowledge to next shift
- Provides tier-1 support for incoming calls received via telephone, e-mail, and Web portal. Addresses and resolves problems as appropriate, referencing supplied training material and customer documentation; documents all issues by utilizing appropriate ticketing application; escalates issues to Managed Services Engineers as appropriate
- Completes assigned customer workload, including, but not limited to, monitoring and investigating system alerts and events and assigning resources appropriately
- Ensures issues are communicated to customers in a timely and effective manner
- Interfaces with customers, various managed services staff personnel, and third party vendors to resolve issues
Analysis - 20% Job Weight
- Study, interpret, and develop a thorough understandings of incidents, problems and opportunities through systematic analysis
- Regularly review reporting from monitoring and ticket applications. Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities for service improvement
- Review operations business processes for ability to address customer needs, identifying areas where processes need to be enhanced or better documented
Design - 10% Job weight
- Engineer tactical and strategic solutions that meet or exceed the business need with attention to simplicity of design and ease of use. Use balance of both technical and business acumen to arrive at solutions
- Partner with the Operations Specialist, Sr. Analyst and Managed Services Continuous Improvement team on creation/streamlining of support processes .
Leadership - 10% job weight
- Enable and Lead Change, Service Recoveries, Projects and/or Co-workers. Engage in communication that drives understanding, alignment and informed decision making
- Hold self and others accountable for quality & timeliness of work products
- Communicate process changes, customer environment changes, and information on Managed Services projects/initiatives to team members in a clear and timely manner. Ensure understanding, listen to concerns, and relay team feedback to management
- Constructively communicate process improvement opportunities such as, but not limited to: customer support documentation, support work flows, coverage model changes, and implementation of new tools and technology
- One of the following:
- Applicable Operations work experience in a “Managed Services” environment, OR
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field, OR
- Two (2) years college coursework in a technical field
- At least six (6) months of Information Technology work experience. This requirement can be fulfilled via completion of the Sirius Academy program
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- IBM Power i (System i) systems and associated peripheral hardware and software
Other Position Requirements
- Proven ability to collaborate 360 degrees
- Demonstrated sense of accountability and ability to produce results
- Demonstrated adaptability; able to be flexible in dealing with people and unexpected situations
- Proven attention to detail
- Experience in monitoring applications such as Nimsoft Unified Management, Automate, or similar
- Experience in help desk applications such as Service Desk Express (SDE), Remedy, ServiceNow, Heat, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in a managed services environment
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.