A culture of diverse perspectives. Coworkers who collaborate to go above and beyond. Motivated individuals who lead by example. This is what CDW is about. Our legacy of innovative thinking and vision for customer-centric technology position us for continued success in our industry—and for you in your career.
As part of our innovative internal audit team, you will collaborate with stakeholders to deliver assurance on company operations, advise on critical business topics and better anticipate risk while using data analytics and agile means of working.
Tap your analytical skills and attention to detail in this impactful position at CDW.
Provide strong leadership and vision to CDW’s internal audit department and establish a world-class internal audit function that will effectively support the company’s risk management strategy and internal control framework.
What you will do:
- Provide senior management and the Audit Committee of the board of directors with assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of internal financial and operational controls within the company.
- Manage the coordination and delivery of internal financial and operational controls as well as internal audit services as well as third-party internal audit providers and external auditors in the delivery of their services.
- Develop the internal audit team and assess and improve existing procedures.
- Provide advice on internal controls to management and recommendations for business-process enhancements.
- Deliver high-quality internal audit services in accordance with the professional standards set forth by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and use guidance from other related professional bodies, including the Association for Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), and Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and flexible audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology.
- Prepare periodic reports to executive management and the Audit Committee regarding the internal control environment and results of executing the audit plan, including required resources.
- Recruit, manage, coach, mentor, and develop a professional team with the necessary knowledge, skills, experience and professional certifications; and ensure that all team members are provided opportunities to learn and grow.
- Serve as the consultative advisor to CDW internal stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent implementation of controls and business-process enhancements.
- Work with business owners across functions to recommend enhancements and prioritize new processes to reduce costs, increase productivity, and establish leading practice benchmarks.
- Promote high levels of ethical awareness and behavioral expectations, conduct independent investigations of potential problems or conflicts of interest, and notify management and the Audit Committee of findings.
What we expect of you:
Bring your passion for internal auditing and background in finance to CDW.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, information systems, or business administration, audit/risk experience with public accounting or the Big Four, and at least 15 years of business experience, including 5 or more years in a leadership capacity.
- CIA, CISA, CRMA, CRISC, CFE, or other equivalent designation.
- MBA or other advanced degrees, such as MS in accounting or information systems management.
- Proven record of success in leading audit-engagement teams and working with senior executives.
- A background that includes working with management of an IT audit team, fraud, or forensic accounting experience.
- Experience developing and implementing an ERM system to identify and evaluate risks and develop risk-mitigation strategies.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), CDW experience, and technology industry experience preferred.
- Well-rounded audit professional capabilities, including superior intellectual capacity and ability to balance exceptional leadership abilities, thought leadership skills, and strong results orientation.
- Ability to develop and maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit processes with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and its application to financial reporting and business process/operational controls.
What you can expect from us:
Diverse, award-winning culture and work/life benefits.
- An inclusive culture that empowers you to bring your best true self and your best ideas. We know diverse perspectives lead to better problem solving and better solutions for our customers.
- A learning environment that empowers you to develop your career with comprehensive resources and support, ongoing education and skills-development training, and robust advancement opportunities.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage; coworker stock purchase program; paid vacation time and sick days; tuition reimbursement; coworker discounts; and other generous perks.
Who we are:
We make technology work so people can do great things.
CDW is a Fortune 500 technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We help customers navigate and be successful in an everchanging world by providing them the technology advice and solutions they need—when, where, and how they need them.
CDW is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.