The Support & Ops Tech II position provides second-level desktop support for coworkers and contractors working from home and onsite across CDW locations. The technician participates in technology-related projects for the desktop environment including configuration and deployment of desktops and laptops, application installation, troubleshooting, incident and request handling, and collaboration with all Technology infrastructure teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide second-level desktop support including Workstation OS (Windows and macOS), Application issues, Mobile devices including smartphones and tablets, Printers/Copiers/MFPs, Virtual Meetings, Conference Room and A/V.
- Follow all guidelines and operational procedures.
- Respond to and resolve incidents and requests through ticketing system.
- Meet all productivity and quality goals as measured by the department.
- Diagnose, research and troubleshoot computer system issues, including operating systems, hardware and software, VPN, connectivity, anti-virus both remotely and on-site.
- Participate in business-funded projects including yearly hardware refreshes.
- Provide backup support for the Technology Service Desk.
- Follow all asset management guidelines and procedures.
- Create and submit knowledgebase documentation.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in an IT-related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with company stakeholders, leadership, coworkers, and contractors.
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment with strong multitasking ability to handle multiple tickets and projects concurrently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to write and present information to create documentation and to communicate status of tasks (progress and milestones).
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- emonstrated ability to provide in-person, virtual, phone, voicemail, email, and instant message support.
- xperience deploying and supporting Windows 10/11 and macOS.
- Experience installing/uninstalling workstation hardware/software.
- Experience performing mass workstation deployments and migrations.
- Participate in rotating after-hours on-call support.
- Ability to provide onsite support and occasional travel to other offices.
- Lift up to 20-50lbs on a regular basis, with or without assistance.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years of IT-related experience
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Apple Certified Support Professional
- Desktop Support Technician (HDI)
- ITIL v4 Foundations
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.