The Business Development is responsible for accelerating growth within the Central Corporate segment positioning CDW as a preferred vendor within the market, leveraging our manufacturer partners and partnering with our customers to provide solutions that meet their evolving business demands.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Target high visibility corporate accounts and projects
- Discovery of C-level clients’ business needs
- Addressing needs with proper solutions
- Applying project management techniques for successful delivery
- Coordinate with Sales to:
- Determine the market(s) to address
- Determine the accounts within target markets
- Review current state of relationship within selected accounts
- Assist and support in execution of growth strategy within selected accounts
- Develop a long-term, mature pipeline of solutions based opportunities
- Develop relationships with key organizations and manufacturers to further align CDW to the evolving needs of our Corporate customers
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement.
- Ability to deliver CDW’s value proposition around eProcurement and support. Provide internal and external eProcurement support if/when needed.
- Act as the subject matter expert for customer visits and presentations, customer conference calls and webinars, as well as participate in all aspects of large transaction sales cycles
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth within the identified account base
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years customer facing sales/marketing/business development experience in the Corporate Sales marketplace
- Strong customer facing skills with a history of building solid relationships with C-level contacts
- Proven record of success in navigating procurement departments for additional opportunities
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
- Excellent presentation skills
- At least 25% travel
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.