The System Engineer - Endpoint is responsible for participating and leading Citrix DaaS related projects and implementations along with providing consultative support across the enterprise environment. The System Engineer - Endpoint is responsible for the integration, operation, implementation and optimization of CDW’s Citrix computing environment. The System Engineer - Endpoint must have experience with managing Citrix DaaS systems in a Citrix Cloud environment, including the ability to manage inventory, distribute software, operating system configuration, settings, and security management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Install, configure, maintain, support, and fix Citrix DaaS operating systems, and related software.
- Maintain technical documentation for CDW’s client computing infrastructure.
- Execute and optimize processes to ensure the highest level of efficiency.
- Identify environment issues and make recommendations for improvement, including emerging desktop technologies.
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability while supporting, installing, and maintaining all infrastructure and related software for full end-to-end Citrix DaaS environment.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Serve as a technical SME to resolve escalated tickets timely, including evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Ensure proper patch and Microsoft update levels on Citrix DaaS computing hardware and software.
- 10% travel required.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Information Technology Engineering experience
- Experience installing/upgrading/managing Citrix systems
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of the appropriate client operating systems and physical hardware.
- Consistently able to balance multiple priorities and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as organization and documentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Proactively collaborate cross-departmentally on projects as well as in team meetings.
- Functional knowledge of scripting (PowerShell preferred).
- Ability to work late hours based on business need and to be on-call if issues should arise.
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated resourcefulness and critical thinking skills.
- History of building and maintaining productive cross-departmental working relationships.
- Citrix DaaS experience.
- Strong demonstrated experience in end-user device technologies, security tools, desktop deployment and annual refresh strategies and utilities related to the Citrix DaaS environment.
- Knowledge of networking hardware, software, and storage solutions demonstrated by the ability to troubleshoot issues in a Citrix environment and customize advanced settings inside Citrix DaaS.
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field or the equivalent working experience.
- Windows 10/11 support experience.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft device and application management using MECM/Intune
- Functional knowledge of Jamf Pro
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.