CDW is seeking a skilled and motivated AWS instructor deliver courses in highly virtualized environments.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Conducts in person and virtual instructor-led training.
- Accurately identifies skill level of participants and aligns delivery of course material to match individual students’ needs.
- Demonstrates consistent classroom and student management to ensure a positive, successful learning environment.
- Research future direction of technology relevant and incorporates new topics in the development and delivery of content.
- Deploys, maintains, and secures classroom equipment, images, and materials in virtual classrooms or in facilities around the globe.
- Travels to customer training sites both inside and outside the Continental United States when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience conducting technical training in classrooms or small groups.
- Must be AWS certified - will teach authorized curriculum.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Industry Expertise: Advanced subject matter expertise in consulting and training.
- High Impact presentation: Ability to conduct strong presentations to train and educate students on technical material and applications.
- Manage Learning Environment: Ability to select initial presentation strategies, manage time available for course, facilitates opportunities for learner success, resolver learner behavior problems.
- Learner evaluation performance: Ability to monitor learner progress during instruction, administer tests, evaluate attainment of end-of-course objectives.
- Adult learner principles: Ability to engage learners to identify their learning needs, help trainees set personal learning objectives, assists trainees apply training content to their jobs, creates practice opportunities during the training session.
- Communication Skills: Superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients, from clerks to CEO. Willingness to collaborate with subject matter experts and team members to complete projects and other business deliverables.
- Analytical: Keen sense of analytical skills.
- Problem Solving: Experience with identifying problems and creating proactive steps to resolve the problems in a way that avoids adverse impact of issues.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong attention to deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and client deliverables effectively, efficiently and on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science/Technology, Computer Engineering or other relevant field, or 5+ years’ equivalent experience.
- Exceptional, effective classroom communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage.
- Due to the extensive classroom training tasks, this role requires extensive experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Travel Required: Moderate travel will be required.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.