The Systems Administrator II configures, maintains, and supports the enterprise applications by identifying system requirements, configuring the requirements, changes, testing, installing upgrades, and monitoring system performance. This role works closely with the senior systems administrator, and/or the vendor, to configure, test and implement changes to the software. The system admin will ensure maintenance and stability of the environment, and ensure accessibility and functionality for the user base.
The Systems Administrator II will ensure the system is effective in meeting business needs and is scalable across the institution. This role is responsible for the overall system configuration, maintenance, data analyses, reporting, training, support, and overall improvement of Salesforce. This includes data management and related systems integration. The Salesforce Admin will perform a cross-departmental role, coordinating SFDC operations across all constituent teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Lead and Senior Application Administrators to understand business needs and clarify requirements.
- Administer/Manage applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with other BSA's and Architects to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Provide software Application support to user base.
- Create testing user scripts.
- Manage cloud-based software changes and upgrades.
- Work with developers, Support Specialist team, the infrastructure team, the IT Service Desk, Vendor
- Support, and/or coworkers as necessary to resolve open issues or research performance problems.
- Secure software system by developing and executing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Participate in planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of new programming; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Participate in the gathering of system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Participate in the analysis and resolution of business needs related to the software application.
- Provide information on monitored performance, major issues, proactive maintenance/repairs needed, etc.
- Communicate with all stakeholders when problems with major systems exist and follow-up once resolved.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Work evening and weekend hours when necessary for installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Login capability from home to respond to any system-related problem(s).
- Implement and maintain overall Salesforce CRM system configuration, maintenance, data maintenance (i.e., duplicate cleanup, record assignment), documentation, reporting, and system integration while adhering to best practices across multiple instances
- Manage users, profiles, permission sets, and roles as it relates to end users and development teams
- Create and maintain documentation (i.e., FAQs, diagrams, process flows, self-help articles)
- Work with and train Support Team on repetitive and consistent issues/questions
- Improve data quality and manage records for integrated data
- Collaborate with potential users to scale up CRM usage across the organization
- Perform analysis, administration, troubleshooting, problem resolution and testing
- Liaise with core Salesforce users to support technical design and implementation and ensure effective data integration and data extraction
- Research, recommend, and implement Salesforce-based solutions including 3rd party applications to enhance business processes
- Work with data analytics team and end users on dashboard and ad hoc reporting creation and modifications
- Support and facilitate testing of new enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements
- Maintain relationships with Salesforce and third party vendors
- Communicate new Salesforce releases and new functionality
- Provide change control management and assist in the development of interfaces to other internal business applications
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical knowledge/experience
- 3 years of IT experience in an application administration or software support role
- 2+ years of Salesforce administration experience
- Ability to understand how the application is configured and how changes can affect system operation
- Ability to develop and support reporting, including dashboard and analytics
- Confident in managing large amounts of data with related objects and functions
- Demonstrate ability to build custom applications, objects, formula fields, flows and custom views
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong organization and communication skills
- Strong sense of customer focus, both internal and external
- Have a desire to learn and continue to develop professional talents and skills
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating and deploying solutions to end users
- Understanding of data governance
- Salesforce.com System Administrator certification is preferred
- Experience administering multiple instances of Salesforce for multiple departments within an organization preferred
- Operations and support experience is preferred
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.