The Senior Ethics and Compliance Specialist is responsible for the consistent administration and implementation of CDW’s ethics and compliance program initiatives through organizing, planning, leading and controlling program activities while delivering high quality, proactive and cost-effective support.
Responsible for partner governance and compliance actives as it relates to customer compliance and industry regulations. Incorporates standards by which suppliers are managed in accordance with company guidelines and best practices. In addition, responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of a given project from start to finish.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drives and manages key ethics and compliance initiatives and projects including appropriate documentation and tracking reports.
- Manage and/or monitor the Ethics Helpline to ensure that issues and/or concerns are addressed appropriately.
- Manage and monitor the operation of the Ethics Helpline globally to ensure that reports are appropriately assigned, investigated and resolved in compliance with internal procedures.
- Manage and monitor the implementation of ethics and compliance training globally; track and report completion statistics.
- Owns the development and implementation of internal communication strategy, including development and selection of training content with stakeholders, maintenance of training plans, and delivery of training reminders.
- Manage vendor relationships ensuring support for ethics and compliance initiatives.
- Develop and create customized reports for senior management and the Board concerning ethics and compliance matters.
- Owns and manages Ethics and Compliance content for internal intranet sites.
- Track and monitor the status of ethics and compliance initiatives; develop status reports; manage department calendar.
- Owns the organization and maintenance of ethics and compliance records, documents and files.
- Oversee new partner vetting and onboarding process, including collaboration with program management and legal.
- Manage various internal audits including but not limited to: Cost Governance, VIR, ISO Certifications, Dropship PO, UUU, and Vendor Shipping Terms, and negotiate resolutions, with partners, if applicable.
- Assist Brand Managers on preparing for external audit(s) and present findings and analysis to management.
- Work with our EIM Business Partner and PPM team on disposal of CDW Records in accordance with CDW’s Record Retention Policy and Schedule, as well as, Legal and Tax Holds.
- Tracking reseller violations and managing exceptions made by our vendors.
- Manage effective communication processes with vendors including compliance audits.
- Perform various activities related to secure supply chain and other Federal related procurement requirements, including presenting CDW capabilities to customers and staying current on latest trends and developments.
- Stay current on existing and new legislation by continuing education, reading publications, talking with peers and joining professional groups.
- Participate in various company technical committees and assist in interpreting regulations to resolve all operation issues and attend all staff meetings and help resolve organizational issues.
- Collect all information required to prepare periodic reports and provide consultation to management in all compliance issues.
- Create standard operating procedure (SOP) manuals, process maps and playbooks to help other members of company, or partners, better understand policies and procedures.
- Manage centralized Partner Compliance reporting portfolios.
- Maintain all compliance documents such as vendor contracts, artifacts for ISO audits, and manage all communication emergency responses.
- Facilitate regular communication concerning projects to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Conduct a variety of ad-hoc analysis based on business needs. Align with Partner Performance team on reporting requirements.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with management as well as other coworkers.
- Meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team members to ensure all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in a project management or similar support role in a corporate setting.
- Proven program management experience, driving initiatives from conception through completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Strong organization and time management skills with critical attention to detail.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and /or confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience in an ethics, compliance and/or legal department.
- Proficiency with MS access and/or Visio.
- Working knowledge in Power BI or other BI tools.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.