CDW’s vision is to be the best national provider of Integrated Technology Solutions. We’ll achieve this reputation by continuing to delight our customers and being the employer of choice for Integrated Technology Solutions. Consulting Engineers at CDW are smart, hard-working Engineers who enjoy teaming with other best and brightest Engineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, projects and consulting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform client consultation: planning, design, and implementation of Microsoft infrastructure, related hardware, and cloud services
- Develop and implement the technical architecture and physical design of the network: analyze existing voice and data networks and recommend solutions
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software, and cloud service issues
- Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology
- Ensure a stable performance environment for enterprise computer applications
- Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work
- Participate in IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade converged network solutions
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross selling to the sales team
- Continuing education and certification is required
- Able to operate as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Three years’ experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience with architecting, designing, deploying, and managing Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Office 365 and/or Exchange on-premises
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business 2015/2019 and Skype for Business Online
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server/AD domain infrastructure
- Ability to travel average of 50%
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Assist with creating technical documentation
- Demonstratable consulting experience
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate (MS-700)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert (MS-100 & MS-101)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate (MS-203)
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.